You might be a “Southie” if...

Lutefisk starts as cod, traditionally caught in the cold waters off Norway. It's then dried to the point that it attains the feel of leather and the firmness of corrugated cardboard. Water alone can't reconstitute the fish, so it's soaked in lye.

That’s just the rumor. The lie is added to detect Southies, for some unknown reason Southies cannot eat lye.:confused:

Are all ya’ll Southies wanting you restart the civil war?

I can’t think of any other reason all ya’ll are sending your possums north to invade us.

I lived my first 50 years without seeing a possum, now I see one every few years. This has to stop. If it does not expect to be invaded by noseeums, mosquitoes, deer flies, horse flies, wolverines and pine martens.

Now that all ya’ll understand how dangerous it is to Keep sending us possums, I think all ya’ll deserve a little contest,

So post your bestest possum recipes. Include how you scrape them off the highway and what parts you do and don’t eat.

Us Northerners really want to just know more about your strange primitive ways.

Now bless your little hearts and post away.
Don’t eat possum myself....I would guess it tastes like garbage (you know that whole saying, “you are what you eat”). However, I’m sure there are all sorts of possibilities, such as:
1892994B-CB52-4615-8CDD-47583A6FB680.jpeg

Also, if you’re interested in eating other southie vermin, here are some other options:

B8CBF141-E952-4842-9D81-FF7B76FFF1B2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom