You might be a “Southie” if...

I didn't know Kleenex came in different flavors. Or that it was edible.

Michigan is a funny state. I've been listening to downstate acquaintances whine and moan about 80 and 90° humid temperatures. While they are sweltering down there today, up here it was a perfect comfortable 65 with bright sunshine and a breeze. 75 is what we call summer heat. Once we have six or seven days of 80's° in a row, we know summer is over and fall is here.

Days right now are around 16 hours long, you can get a lot done on a day like that.

Michigan is a funny state. I've been listening to downstate acquaintances whine and moan about 80 and 90° humid temperatures. While they are sweltering down there today, up here it was a perfect comfortable 65 with bright sunshine and a breeze. 75 is what we call summer heat. Once we have six or seven days of 80's° in a row, we know summer is over and fall is here.
65 with sunshine is early March. 75 is late March. (Spring is March and part of April in N. Texas.) What I would give to see 90 degrees. -won't happen until October. Sweltering down here is this week's forecast: 100-103 every day. Summer is mid-April through mid-October.
-born/lived in Texas all my life. At 52, I'm ready to pack up and retire somewhere with more seasons than just the two here: cool and hot.

It drove me nuts when they asked what flavor Coke I wanted. It’s like saying what flavor ketchup do you want.
Well... if you want to get technical about it, Coke does come in many different flavors-
lemon
lime
lemon & lime
mango
cherry
vanilla
cherry vanilla
orange vanilla
blood orange
orange
coffee
green tea
ginger
grapefruit
apple
raspberry
strawberry & watermelon
etc.

We say soda or coke around here.

Come to think of it ketchup comes in different flavors too now 🤣

1656872979401.png

1656872998674.png

Well... if you want to get technical about it, Coke does come in many different flavors-
lemon
lime
lemon & lime
mango
cherry
vanilla
cherry vanilla
orange vanilla
blood orange
orange
coffee
green tea
ginger
grapefruit
apple
raspberry
strawberry & watermelon
etc.

We say soda or coke around here.

Come to think of it ketchup comes in different flavors too now 🤣

View attachment 3172891
View attachment 3172893
Southies always try to confuse real people!

I want a root beer coke please,

Back
Top Bottom