You might be a “Southie” if...

I would just like to point out, that while some on this thread think I am a wimp when it comes to the cold, and perhaps I am, it is colder here than it is in several spots in Antarctica! That seems like excessive cold to me!
136D54EF-989A-4369-9049-EE4E47DF9D7F.png

I am going to have to visit these vast wastelands of the northie regions sometime just to see what it's like for myself.

Other than the big piles and piles of snow..and length of time they have to deal with the cold..
I venture to say we almost have it worse than they do in other ways.
When it is cold here it is often a wet cold. And ice, freezing rain on top of snow.
And yes I know cold is cold it has been scientifically proven. But I read people say that they feel colder when they come to the South and it's cold ..because when you go outside here it is often impossible to keep from being wet on top of cold. Which makes you feel colder.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
00794E82-3CF4-402B-89B8-143562D6ADAA.gif

I would just like to point out, that while some on this thread think I am a wimp when it comes to the cold, and perhaps I am, it is colder here than it is in several spots in Antarctica! That seems like excessive cold to me!
View attachment 2522429
Those are their fall temps, they should be warmer. Check their July temps for a fair comparison.

Those are their fall temps, they should be warmer. Check their July temps for a fair comparison.
I know it’s a different season for them, but I do not want to check their winter temps. Even the thought of being that cold makes me feel rather frozen and miserable! So we’ll stick with the story that my chickens are colder than the penguins. My chickens think this is their version of Armageddon. Poor southie birds.

Back
Top Bottom