You might be a “Southie” if...

Do they both sound like “seeeeooww” with a Southie Drawl?
No. That’s sounds more like your cat after you have stepped on his tail. Dang you Ralphie! Your poor kitty is hurting! ;)

Now think of what you’d say (no cussing) if your tail was stepped on. You’d say, “OW.” Add an S to the beginning and that’s how you pronounce a female PIG! /sou/

Now think of what you’d say (no cussing) if you were startled. You’d say, “OH.” That is how the -ow- is pronounced with an S added to it when you plant seeds! /sō/

***No Ralphies, or his cat, were hurt in the making of this explanation! :lau:lau

No. That’s sounds more like your cat after you have stepped on his tail. Dang you Ralphie! Your poor kitty is hurting! ;)

Now think of what you’d say (no cussing) if your tail was stepped on. You’d say, “OW.” Add an S to the beginning and that’s how you pronounce a female PIG! /sou/

Now think of what you’d say (no cussing) if you were startled. You’d say, “OH.” That is how the -ow- is pronounced with an S added to it when you plant seeds! /sō/

***No Ralphies, or his cat, were hurt in the making of this explanation! :lau:lau
Well when you work around kids and you get hurt..
SHHHIIII-OOOWWWW
becomes a word.

Well when you work around kids and you get hurt..
SHHHIIII-OOOWWWW
becomes a word.
My personal favorite expression is GOSHDANGNABBITFORHEAVEN'SSAKESTHATHURT! This has a special accent to it that I don't normally utilize. You really have to be in the correct (or maybe wrong🤔) situation to speak fluently in it. It generally involves gritted teeth, a growly voice, and a misbehaving animal that is anywhere from 2-12 times my weight.

Back
Top Bottom