You really like where you live? affordable? So good you almost dont want to tell people?

In this state anyone under 14 can hunt, fish or carry a gun while doing ether without any permit...

Those 3 year olds at the creek fishing with a gun take some getting use to though...

In Indiana the DNR gets the funds from hunting/fishing/trapping permits also we have separate permits for deer hunting which we have 3 different seasons, archery black powder and long arm (certain hand guns are permitted if you have a hand gun permit), and if you wish to carry a handgun (shotguns and rifles don't need permits) you need to file for a handgun permit, we have 3 kinds 1 is for target practice it allows you to transport the gun in your trunk to and from your house to the range (needs renewal ever 4-5 years) personal protection, which you can open or concealed carry and they come in lifetime and renewable versions. technically you can open carry under the law here but it's advised you have a permit. also there are some federal permits required to hunt certain water fowl and also to fish certain fish and in lake Michigan. KY and IN will honor each others permits on the banks and in the middle of the Ohio river.

Arizona,you can carry whatever you like.You cant just buy hunting tags,you have to put in early to get drawn.Theres about a zillion regs and different seasons for different weapons. Fishing is about the same.I dont hunt much,by the time you would get drawn and payed for everything you could have bought a few hundred steaks at the store.Where i live theres elk and lots of people pay big bucks to hunt them.
I like that hog hunting i see on tv,I would do that if it didnt cost much and if the hogs were fit to eat.We have javilina(maybe not spelled like that)desert pigs that arent that big,ive never seen one though.I used to think about hunting bear and mountain lions,but the numbers and hassle involved are to much.I would say getting drawn for big horn sheep and buffalo would be hard and pricey.Buffalo is like hunting a field of dairy cattle,they even point out wich one your allowed to shoot.I tend to target shoot and the only thing i see shooting at,are two legged critters.I hope it dosent come to that.

Rufas,so now ive gotta know,where do you live?

Phoenix, Arizona. It is hotter than blazes here. I asked my father why he ever left Texas, and he said it was some sort of problem with outstanding warrants. He was headed to California and four states beyond, but the mule died here. He never got enough money to buy another mule.

I have been looking on the GSA excess property on line auction site for a nice piece of land out of the heat. I saw a real nice property located in Monticello, Utah. It sounded great, but it turned out to be the tailings of a uranium mine. I let that one go by.

Right now, they are selling off those old missile silos in North Dakota up along the Canadian border. The parcels are about 40 acres more or less. The pictures they put up look like the garden of Eden. Green grass everywhere. But I bet come winter, it looks pretty cold and snowy.

Only problem is that there is a huge 200 foot deep hole in the middle of the property.

I will keep looking

Phoenix, Arizona. It is hotter than blazes here. I asked my father why he ever left Texas, and he said it was some sort of problem with outstanding warrants. He was headed to California and four states beyond, but the mule died here. He never got enough money to buy another mule.

I have been looking on the GSA excess property on line auction site for a nice piece of land out of the heat. I saw a real nice property located in Monticello, Utah. It sounded great, but it turned out to be the tailings of a uranium mine. I let that one go by.

Right now, they are selling off those old missile silos in North Dakota up along the Canadian border. The parcels are about 40 acres more or less. The pictures they put up look like the garden of Eden. Green grass everywhere. But I bet come winter, it looks pretty cold and snowy.

Only problem is that there is a huge 200 foot deep hole in the middle of the property.

I will keep looking

I have seen on TV a few times where people buy the property like you said are missile silos and put their homes in them they are a lot more than a concrete well you drop a missile in, there are apparently large catacombs of hallways rooms and stairs so it is just a matter of sealing parts of it off and remodeling them to your wants and needs. but what you said about snow and cold keeps me away, Indiana is colder than I like so I am not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire in reverse so to speak....

In the early 1960's I was in the Air Force we deactivated and sold off a Radar site. The guy that bought it at auction scrapped one of the buildings and doubled his money selling the building materials. The barracks and offices became his home and business office. He turned the site into a turkey farm. It had a ten foot chain link fence all around it. It made a perfect turkey farm.

Those old missile silos are loaded with steel and other scrap.

In the early 1960's I was in the Air Force we deactivated and sold off a Radar site. The guy that bought it at auction scrapped one of the buildings and doubled his money selling the building materials. The barracks and offices became his home and business office. He turned the site into a turkey farm. It had a ten foot chain link fence all around it. It made a perfect turkey farm.

Those old missile silos are loaded with steel and other scrap.

My grandfather turned down a chance once to buy an adjacent lot to his farm because he just got out of debt and the guy who bought the lot paid for it by having it logged off all he had to do was make a couple of interest payments (the loans at that time at the local bank where interest only every month and you paid the principle payment every winter if you wanted it set up that way).

I lived in Phoenix for years.To many people for me now.It was ok when there was lots of work and less people.I was working one day and it hit 122 degrees on a job site.
I live up north and if you look at the housing prices you would think everyone is rich.The blame im guessing is between people being upside down in theyre homes,and folks from CA. showing up with lots of cash and thinking stuff is cheap here.
I keep looking around for a possible spring time move.Parts of texas seem really cheap,you sure have to look into if they are poultry friendly,legal wise. I wonder about the drought in texas.
I also like rural parts of Utah.At least it is cooler and dosent have tornado troubles.
Ive never owned a home and never well if i dont find a place where houses arent so crazy priced. I drove big trucks for years and i remember seeing a real estate add for a bunch of homes for like five to ten thousand dollars in Minnesota,way up in the northern part of the state.I well try to stay west of I-55,actually away from that fault line! and im big on having an good sized lake not to far away for boating.Water is always a big consideration for life also.
I would rather be away from citys and people.My wife isnt crazy about that.So ill try and meet her half way.

Yes, Phoenix can be pretty awful. It was worse before air conditioning. I have a small summer place in Overgaard, but even there it get hot during the day. As soon as the sun goes down though, you better be putting on a sweater.

Real estate in Phoenix was way over priced. One day, I looked around and half the houses in the neighborhood were in repossession. Houses that sold for $185,000 suddenly were going for $30,000. Somebody had to eat that loss.

I saw in the paper where over 400 houses were sold in one auction to some investors from Canada. I don't know where it will end. Most of those repossessed home in my neighborhood are being rented out by the banks. We sure get a different type of neighbor with rentals. They come and they go.

Here in Williams the houses built sixty years ago for five thousand now go for somewhere between 125,000 for a small old place,and up.Theres no jobs.I see this one kid drives a Porshe to the high school and anouther has a BMW convertible.I figure folks from CA. Its quiet here,else than the train and european tourist.A double wide trailer with an acre is like 150,000 on hwy 64 going towards the canyon and you would have to haul water or have very large tanks and a water cachement.If you want to build anything the code cops here are on you like white on rice.

Back
Top Bottom