"You should be vegan since you own farm animals"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
A lot of people say this... I think it's just because I give everything 110% even if it hurts because in the end all that pain will be worth it. Always push forward even if it's a quarter of a step!
I'm normally a quiet person when there is something going on with me, I hate being an attention seeker. I kept quiet with being sick for a month or 2, found out I had lymes disease. I still have trouble telling people how I feel but I'm much more open after that.

I went back and read the OP, and the original accusation that started this thread: "you only love your farm animals for their meat." I think if someone said that to me, I would respond with, "yes, that's pretty much true. And what's wrong with that?"

That comment just seems a little unbalanced to me. If everyone who kept farm animals "loved" them so much they never ate them or allowed them to be processed, and all ranchers were vegan as she suggests, cows (for one) would multiply to an unsustainable level and the ranchers would quickly go broke. It's just silly. Or it seems so to me. :hmm

Meat
Meat causes 40% of the climate burden by food from the average Dutch person. Meat has so much impact because the production of 1 kilo of meat requires around 5 kilos of vegetable feed. Eating less meat is therefore good for the climate.

In the Netherlands we eat around 40 kilos of meat per person per year (beef, pork and chicken together). That is more than twice as much as 50 years ago. In addition, we also import and export a lot of meat. The livestock industry that produces all that meat emits greenhouse gasses, consumes a lot of water, needs a lot of space worldwide for growing livestock feed and can cause a manure problem. Eating less meat is the most[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry your government spoon feeds you this kind of propaganda. 40% of climate impact, I'm thinking those numbers are a little bit off.
I went back and read the OP, and the original accusation that started this thread: "you only love your farm animals for their meat." I think if someone said that to me, I would respond with, "yes, that's pretty much true. And what's wrong with that?"

That comment just seems a little unbalanced to me. If everyone who kept farm animals "loved" them so much they never ate them or allowed them to be processed, and all ranchers were vegan as she suggests, cows (for one) would multiply to an unsustainable level and the ranchers would quickly go broke. It's just silly. Or it seems so to me. :hmm
Some of this stuff is so far out there it amazes me.

On another note, I detest how many vegans use bait words such as "corpse" to promote their agenda... we aren't talking about eating humans here.

Research paper from Wageningen University.

In Western countries, we eat too much animal protein, which can partially be replaced with plant protein. That is healthier for us as well as better for the environment and climate. Wageningen researchers are investigating protein sources such as legumes, duckweed, algae, and insects for use in our own diets or in animal feed. What do you think? Does a duckweed burger sound appetising to you?

read more:
https://weblog.wur.eu/spotlight/eat-more-plant-proteins/

Research paper from Wageningen University.

In Western countries, we eat too much animal protein, which can partially be replaced with plant protein. That is healthier for us as well as better for the environment and climate. Wageningen researchers are investigating protein sources such as legumes, duckweed, algae, and insects for use in our own diets or in animal feed. What do you think? Does a duckweed burger sound appetising to you?

read more:
https://weblog.wur.eu/spotlight/eat-more-plant-proteins/
No but a legume burger does..

I love the way their corpses taste, and while they’re alive they’re pretty entertaining to watch... but I’m spending more on their feed than I’m getting paid for them, yet I continue to pay for them. I bet you if the tables were turned, and they had to feed me, they would just let me starve— so whom feels love towards whom?

Also, your cats that love you will also eat you if you die at home. So uhhhhhh I don’t know about all that loving/eating nonsense.
Most people will argue with you about cats doing exactly that. I'm retired LEO and can attest first hand a inside cat will in fact eat you if you die and they get hungry. A dog will die beside you from hunger. A cat will lick a spot until it breaks the skin then they will keep going. Mice will also.

Most people will argue with you about cats doing exactly that. I'm retired LEO and can attest first hand a inside cat will in fact eat you if you die and they get hungry. A dog will die beside you from hunger. A cat will lick a spot until it breaks the skin then they will keep going. Mice will also.
There was someone who got eaten by their dog, so dogs do it too.

If a vegan is truly hoping to change a non-vegan’s mind, that is NOT the way to do it.

Someone said this to me. I mentioned any mean roosters I got would end up in the freezer and she said "You should be vegan because you own living animals, you say you love them but you only love them for the meat". I'd rather eat my happy animals than unhappy chickens in the grocery stores.. (I understand some do raise chickens for meat and send them to places like this but some don't take such good care of them) I'll also know what is in this chicken instead. I don't have to eat any roosters thankfully but just because I own a farm doesn't mean I have to be vegan or I can't love my animals. :lau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom