Young Barred Rock Bloody And Poopy Vent Issue - Urgent

Currently washing her, sorry my camera is poor quality. Will take more photos later. Looks like a fleshy ball.

Attachments

• IMG_20230422_224057952_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230422_224057952_HDR.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230422_224051966.jpg
    IMG_20230422_224051966.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 9
Currently washing her, sorry my camera is poor quality. Will take more photos later. Looks like a fleshy ball.

You need to do as @Sapphire Sebright suggests. Clean her up and take a better photo and this time select full size image so we can see better detail.

It appears it may be prolapsed vent with some pecking injury. She needs to be isolated to protect her from the others pecking at the wound and if it's a prolapse, serious life threatening injury. Here's how to deal with prolapse. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ng-from-vent-prolapse-oh-my-what-to-do.76124/
Fleshy ball, very likely a prolapse.

Read the article that Carol linked for you.

Did you read my article I linked to? It has important information on treatment including giving calcium to help clear the blockage that's likely causing this. Treating prolapse is a serious medical emergency and treatment is complex. It's crucial you follow directions to avoid serious irreversible damage to these internal tissues.

We are serious here. This isn't Facebook.

I read the article. I don't have many supplies, so I'm putting her in a warm, private area with some stuff to soak up any fluids, with water and some food. I'll keep treating her later when I have what the article suggests and my father gets home. It's late and I'm just a kid.
Thank you everybody for help so far, this is very serious. I don't think she's got an egg trapped yet due to the fact that all the hens layed today, and there's no sign of it in her abdomen, but I'll follow the precautions to be safe.
Also, she seems to still be able to move around quickly, so I'm guessing she is lethargic due to the fact that it's past the time the hens usually go to sleep.

Attachments

• IMG_20230422_225833424_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230422_225833424_HDR.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 11
I read the article. I don't have many supplies, so I'm putting her in a warm, private area with some stuff to soak up any fluids, with water and some food. I'll keep treating her later when I have what the article suggests and my father gets home. It's late and I'm just a kid.
Thank you everybody for help so far, this is very serious. I don't think she's got an egg trapped yet due to the fact that all the hens layed today, and there's no sign of it in her abdomen, but I'll follow the precautions to be safe.
Also, she seems to still be able to move around quickly, so I'm guessing she is lethargic due to the fact that it's past the time the hens usually go to sleep.
I'm sure you're doing just fine and doing all you can! Try not to panick and just keep doing what you can!

She's still alive. I have given her a smaller and quicker bath and applied some antiinflammatory cream, Vetericin, and honey. She has moved around a bit today and has shown interest in eating and drinking. I found some watery green poo earlier in her little area and recently I found some weird whitish-yellow poop or something she made in a food dish, pictures below. I think it's like the fluid from the article. Anyway the plan is to keep treating her twice a day and keep her isolated in a dark area for a few days, and try putting her vent back in if she can't push it back herself. Hopefully with the help she is receiving it won't be necessary to mess with her sensitive tissue.

Attachments

• IMG_20230423_171801281_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230423_171801281_HDR.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20230423_171615729_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230423_171615729_HDR.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom