young chicken with liquid coming from beak?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by KrisC, Aug 27, 2016.

1. KrisC

KrisC New Egg

Jul 9, 2016
    Unfortunately for my first post its about one of my barred plymouth rock chickens. I brought him inside to check his band to make sure it was not too tight and after removing it, I was holding it to make sure it was calm, and suddenly found myself covered with a clear watery liquid. he isnt showing any other signs of sickness. alert and moves around. though as of now he hasnt eaten since bringing him in.
    I have about 25 other chickens, and im unsure if they are affected by this-it was getting dark when i brought him inside. I am worried about the chance of some of the chickens dying because several belong to my children.

Is there any way to discover what this is and how to treat it? I dont have a vet in the area skilled with chicken care, so if it needs medicine i would have to get it online. is there anything safe to give the whole flock? some of them are meat birds I bought for butchering.

I would appreciate any help. ty in advance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by