Young Lavenders

Yes lav Orpingtons. I'm going to try a hatch with what I've collected and see. Gorgeous birds
Just to get you more excited! :D These are the last 3 that I hatched in my incubator And I had a surprising broody this summer and she hatched these 2
Beautiful. do you sell your chicks? or eggs? What rooster do you cover your LO hen with? i have 2 pullets & 2 cockrel LO... i want to breed them.

@CyndiD I started with hatching eggs last spring. Hatched 10 chicks. One was a black/split. She's gorgeous. Last summer, a friend gave me 2 more beautiful hens. One lav, one solid black, but we found the black one dead a few weeks ago. Predator of some sort got her through the fence. I've hatched and sold quite a few chicks, and lots of hatching eggs sold too. I recently saved a couple males and swapped out my breeder boys and added a couple girls. I keep several breeds, but they never co-mingle, if they are old enough to mate. Sometimes I let all girls out together, but keep it so there is no possibility of mixed breeding. The 2 in the pic that the broody hatched turned out to be a male and a female, I sold them as a pair this past weekend at a local swap. They are a lovely breed. Good luck! :)

I've just started a pen of bantam chocolate orps too.

This is my black/split girl

And a couple shots of my gang.

Yall should join the lavender threads, if you haven't already.
big_smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/329273/lavender-orpington-project/2290#post_17526142

and I've posted some pics of my chocolates on this lavender thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/721698/lavender-orpington-thread/1710#post_17520626

Last edited:
@Shannon bo @WVduckchick
do you only have LO's?
are you covering your LO's w/a LO?
do either of you have Black O's.
how are you increasing your LO flock?
thanks

Yes, I have two breeding pairs just started from chicks in March.attempting my first hatch of their eggs now. 3 days into it... I've got other birds but my focus on breeds is LOs, German new Hampshire's and I'm going to start a new group with barred rock hen and a rhode island red rooster

Beautiful birds @WVduckchick
how fun to hatch your own and grow from there, huh? i got some LO hatching eggs from nearby but 0 hatched. another member got some eggs from the same lady i did, and she hatched 6 chicks. i bought 4 from her and they turned out to be 2 pullets & 2 cockrels. i had no idea that i would need to get Black O's to continue my flock. so now i am in the hunt for Black O's.

@Shannon bo i hope your eggs hatch. i hatched ducks and chickens this past spring, i think i am done for awhile. i may try to buy Black O's chicks, if i can find some.

thanks for replying to my post. take care

Beautiful birds @WVduckchick
how fun to hatch your own and grow from there, huh? i got some LO hatching eggs from nearby but 0 hatched. another member got some eggs from the same lady i did, and she hatched 6 chicks. i bought 4 from her and they turned out to be 2 pullets & 2 cockrels. i had no idea that i would need to get Black O's to continue my flock. so now i am in the hunt for Black O's.

@Shannon bo i hope your eggs hatch. i hatched ducks and chickens this past spring, i think i am done for awhile. i may try to buy Black O's chicks, if i can find some.

thanks for replying to my post. take care

Thanks CyndiD.

Back
Top Bottom