Your 2024 Garden

Pics
I planted several varieties of seed on Wednesday. Two days later some are already sprouting! Lettuce, bok choi, broccoli and cabbage.

I got a deal on the little foam trays at Dollar General, 30 of them for $1.00. They work well as drip trays for the starter cells.

IMG_3443.JPG IMG_3409.JPG

The garden is wet so no gardening outdoors for me today.

Cabbage are in the greenhouse and ready to go in the ground.
Tomatoes and peppers still indoors under lights. The larger tomato plants will go to the greenhouse hopefully Tues or Wed. :fl
20240308_143056.jpg

These will get their own pots when the big ones move out.
20240308_143059.jpg

The bell and cayenne peppers will stay inside until it's a bit warmer at night. Also have lots of marigolds started to help deter the nematodes.
20240304_130942.jpg

I am ready! Weather is not! :lol:

The garden is wet so no gardening outdoors for me today.

Cabbage are in the greenhouse and ready to go in the ground.
Tomatoes and peppers still indoors under lights. The larger tomato plants will go to the greenhouse hopefully Tues or Wed. :fl
View attachment 3767978

These will get their own pots when the big ones move out.
View attachment 3767979

The bell and cayenne peppers will stay inside until it's a bit warmer at night. Also have lots of marigolds started to help deter the nematodes.
View attachment 3767999

I am ready! Weather is not! :lol:
Have you grown the Black Krim tomatoes before? If so, did you like them? I tried a few last year but they didn't do very well ( probably my fault). I'm trying them again this year.

Have you grown the Black Krim tomatoes before? If so, did you like them? I tried a few last year but they didn't do very well ( probably my fault). I'm trying them again this year.
Yes, I've grown them for a few years now and save seed each year.
They are DH and my favorite. I use them for fresh eating and canning. They make a really good sauce and great in soups. We also love rice and tomatoes.

We really like Uncle Ben's brown rice, not the instant type.
I can stewed tomatoes. They are chunky with some liquid.

I more or less substitute the jar of tomatoes and a little chicken broth for the water portion in the directions on the bag of rice.

So approximately 1 cup of rice with 2 cups of tomatoes and broth or double, triple this proportion.

A little extra tomatoes/broth makes it more juicy. Depending on how you like it.

Also sometimes I will add in a little garlic, oregano, sprinkle of parmesan...or what ever you like.

I love this made with home grown tomatoes! I could have it as a meal especially with some nice garlic bread! Yummy!

We really like Uncle Ben's brown rice, not the instant type.
I can stewed tomatoes. They are chunky with some liquid.

I more or less substitute the jar of tomatoes and a little chicken broth for the water portion in the directions on the bag of rice.

So approximately 1 cup of rice with 2 cups of tomatoes and broth or double, triple this proportion.

A little extra tomatoes/broth makes it more juicy. Depending on how you like it.

Also sometimes I will add in a little garlic, oregano, sprinkle of parmesan...or what ever you like.

I love this made with home grown tomatoes! I could have it as a meal especially with some nice garlic bread! Yummy!
Oh, almost forgot....salt, pepper!

For some reason, brown rice is hard to find around me! Costco hasn't had ANY brown rice in months. My local grocery hasn't had any in a long time, either.

We were about 50 miles away, visiting friends and needed to stop at their local grocery store on the way there. Spur of the moment, I told hubby I wanted to see if they had brown rice. They did, and I bought three 5 lb bags. Just in case. I still have some other bags, but I can NOT run out. It's a staple for me. Hubby does not eat rice, so this doesn't even blip on his radar.

Back
Top Bottom