Your 2024 Garden

Pics
There was a time when I would do that with a 100lb burlap bag of steer feed. Now I'd prefer just to carry the empty burlap bag... :) I'm paying for what I used to lift in my teens. As I sit here tonight I'm watching the clock for the time I can take my meds and go to bed. I will put one end of the panel onto of a cart and tie it down and move with the garden tractor to within a few feet of where they are going. Working smarter with age instead of harder. :)
This makes it clearer, skip to just before the 6:00 mark if my attempt to queue it didn't work:

I was able to do this by myself, but I have a fairly level yard and only about 20 feet to traverse.

This makes it clearer, skip to just before the 6:00 mark if my attempt to queue it didn't work:

I was able to do this by myself, but I have a fairly level yard and only about 20 feet to traverse.
I had watched this before. The key is "only about 20' to traverse on fairly level yard". I've got up hill and down hill a 100 yards to go. :). He does have some good ideas. We didn't get to put the tomatoes out yesterday. We did good to walk back to the house for supper. My wife helped yesterday with her big oxygen tank in tow and I tilled myself about out of legs. This a new day and working hard again. Tomorrow I rest and visit with family at our daughters place not far away. Monday it starts over. Love playing in the dirt. Second childhood they tell me. :)

IMG_5908.JPG

Not sure I posted this here... might have been the other garden thread...:confused:

Anyway, I dug the area to the left of the fence, taking off the top few inches of sod. I have the dirt/grass in a pile, and I think I'll cover it with some black plastic and let it sit and rot and bake in the sunshine.

Some much needed sunshine and dirt therapy.

It's been a busy day so far. I had to stop early and come inside as I am not acclimated to 80° and sunny conditions. If I don't listen to my body I will get a headache.

First thing this morning (8am) I made a nursery run. I have added plum tomatoes, portulaca, vinca, and marigolds to my selection of annuals:
IMG_20240330_101027689_HDR.jpg

I decided to make a proper raised bed garden where the Rose of Sharon trees had been. I bought blocks for the wall and a clematis for the back of the bed. I have a section of cattle panel left over to make a trellis. It won't get started today.
IMG_20240330_102922054.jpg

I finished amending bed #3, will be planting Summer squash here. ⬇️
IMG_20240330_113551968~4.jpg

Last year I planted beans in that section. I want to make sure I rotate my crops so I need to finish setting up bed #4 so I can plant beans there.

I weeded bed #1, will need to add some compost. I will probably plant melons there. ⬇️
IMG_20240330_133654416_HDR~2.jpg

Beans were grown there two years ago.

I also weeded my milkweed bed and noticed that they've sprouted, too.
IMG_20240330_134139435_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240330_134153822_HDR.jpg

The flock was appreciative of the weeded greens. Then they had a dirt bath and did some sunbathing as well.
IMG_20240330_124220596_HDR.jpg

:cool:

View attachment 3786318
Not sure I posted this here... might have been the other garden thread...:confused:

Anyway, I dug the area to the left of the fence, taking off the top few inches of sod. I have the dirt/grass in a pile, and I think I'll cover it with some black plastic and let it sit and rot and bake in the sunshine.

Some much needed sunshine and dirt therapy.
Flip it upside down.

Back
Top Bottom