Your 2024 Garden

We're having a day of thunderstorms, I was hoping to get some yard work done, oh well. We DO need the rain.

Between showers this morning:
IMG_20240524_074331204~2.jpg

German Johnson

IMG_20240524_074420712~2.jpg

Roma (plum)

IMG_20240524_074243757~2.jpg

Lemon, straightneck, zucchini all fruiting. The Zapallito del Tronco in front has blossoms, no fruit yet.

I was about to head down to pick the blueberries. I heard thunder and now it's raining. We also had some showers last night.
We need this rain. Will not have to water the garden or flowers today!
:ya
Is it just me or does anyone else notice more and better growth with natural rainfall vs hand/irrigation watering?

I was about to head down to pick the blueberries. I heard thunder and now it's raining. We also had some showers last night.
Is it just me or does anyone else notice more and better growth with natural rainfall vs hand/irrigation watering?
I haven't noticed but then again, I always have to water my garden

Guess my carrot seeds were too old(from 2022) because no carrots came up. I'll get more seeds this weekend and throw them in. I tried growing echinecea, chamomile, and lavender and none of them are coming up either😫 But the tomatoes and peppers that I started from seeds are doing great. Beans are doing good too, of course. Blueberries are getting big and my garlic is huge!

Yep, I've noticed. Watering with city/chloramine water keeps the plants alive, but there seems to be a surge of growth every time it rains.

Yep, I've noticed. Watering with city/chloramine water keeps the plants alive, but there seems to be a surge of growth every time it rains.
Hmmm, maybe it's because I have a whole house filter that removes that stuff, that I don't see a difference. Never thought about that before

I have well water. The well is beside the garden so when I have to water it comes straight from the ground no added anything. I drink this water and never had a problem keeping tropical fish. I never had to treat my water for the aquariums.

In my case at least, there is no added chemicals.

I suppose Mother Nature just knows way more than me. 🤣

I thing the difference in natural rain and irrigation may be contributed to the amount and even distribution of rain. There is an art form of putting water out evenly. Type of sprinkler heads and a lot more comes in to play. What I've irrigated is growing like mad. I'm fortunate in being trained in the science of irrigation. I am using well water too. I do believe any chlorine left in the supplied water will be gone into the air if delivered by sprinkler heads. I hope to plant some okra today even if I have to water it to get it up and growing. Our forecast rain is worse every time I check it.

Back
Top Bottom