Your 2024 Garden

No okra planted but I did till the 1/20th of an acre plot and will have to till it again in the morning much deeper. I have a rhizome grass that is deeply rooted that must be dug out better It's an ongoing battle. I push comes to a fight I'll use a wick applicator on it with some plain roundup. The same way it is used to control Johnson grass in major crop fields along the MS Delta farms.

All of the potatoes got dug today and we filled 2 5 gallon buckets over flowing with them. They are spread out on the porch now air drying in the shade. Ma is going to attempt to dry can a batch and see if that is as good as some say it is. I do hope it works.

IMG_20240525_143136351~2.jpg

Peppers and eggplant jumped up and grew 3 more inches over night after getting a good drink last night. Tomorrow I must get the stakes and twine up to keep them upright during windy weather. I need to get some bell pepper seed and start some plants by the end of the week for the fall planting. I didn't get any of those planted this spring. I like them raw and stuffed with chicken salad. I have to remind a few of the roosters that when they are naughty.

Back
Top Bottom