Your Ducks' Medicine Cabinet. Is it anything like this?

The yellow syringe is our feeding device.
img_4582-jpg.1693908
:bow My apologies, you do have something to tube with.

Oh, ducks can have benadryl? What would be the uses for that? I know in dogs it's used for allergic reactions.

We haven't used the Benadryl on any of the ducks yet. One of our chickens was bit or stung by something that caused her waddle to swell up and fall off. We gave her Benadryl to help with the pain. After about a day to recover from the initial shock, we gave her about half a small syringe if I remember correctly. (per 24hr period). I just can't remember the specific dose. I think I wrote it down somewhere but am unable to locate it at this time.

***Update: The dosage I have is .5ML per 24/Hr period.

We haven't used the Benadryl on any of the ducks yet. One of our chickens was bit or stung by something that caused her waddle to swell up and fall off. We gave her Benadryl to help with the pain. After about a day to recover from the initial shock, we gave her about half a small syringe if I remember correctly. (per 24hr period). I just can't remember the specific dose. I think I wrote it down somewhere but am unable to locate it at this time.

***Update: The dosage I have is .5ML per 24/Hr period.

Thank you!! I don't know why I didn't consider the possibility of ducks getting stung.

Yes, I'm hoping @casportpony will tell us! How much and for what condition? I have lots of pills of Benedryl that could be powdered and mixed with water. Would that be ok?
It can be used, but needs to be given orally because it bitter and they won't drink water medicated with it. The dose is 2-4 mg/kg, which is 0.9 to 1.8 mg per pound.

The children's liquid is 2.5 mg/ml , so the dose is 0.36 ml to 0.73 ml per pound.

A dosing source:
https://www.justanswer.com/bird-vet/8twu4-benadryl-safe-parrot.html

I have other dosing sources too that I will check later.

Last edited:
Of track but on track here Question .
Could our so Good folk's that always help's us all.
Maybe make a Thread that would have a
General List of all things it would be wise to
have for caring for our Birds be they chickens ducks turkeys quail?

Maybe mark it with the primary ??? top markings
so it can be found by all whom come here for help?

Back
Top Bottom