Swollen spot on drakes foot

Okay! Wasn't sure on percentages, if those were the same. Looking forward to seeing how it works. I almost missed it in the store cause the bottle was different and on the bottom shelf. Was the last one :)
the one I have says epsom salt 60% and methyl salicylate 1%
your gel says 60% and methyl salicylate qs
QS is an abbreviation for Quantum satis and simply means 'Add as much of this ingredient as is needed to achieve the desired result, but not more.(which leaves us wondering exactly ow much did they use)
However I found other labeling for the same durvet product you have (the gel) where it says 1%

the one I have says epsom salt 60% and methyl salicylate 1%
your gel says 60% and methyl salicylate qs
QS is an abbreviation for Quantum satis and simply means 'Add as much of this ingredient as is needed to achieve the desired result, but not more.(which leaves us wondering exactly ow much did they use)
However I found other labeling for the same durvet product you have (the gel) where it says 1%
Okay so should be good? I put a dime sized portion on his foot

I have used the same stuff, just in a canister that I had to scoop out. Worked well!
Yours was gel as well? Wasn't sure if it was just a packaging change or if the percentages of the ingredients were different :)

I bet it feels good lol
Hoping so! It is weird though (QS) how would you possibly know how much you need for desired result unless you were experienced? So strange. If you only put on the amount you need for a desired result but not more for a horse it makes you wonder um, okay a duck is alot smaller, so how much should I use? Thank you for looking into it and finding a corresponding bottle that references an actual percentage to confirm it's the same as yours. I tend to be an overthinker and sometimes moreso when it comes to my animals. You always wanna do what's best for them :)

Last edited:
I totally understand how you want to be 100% sure its safe - because we love our feathered kids so much!! Im the same way

Back
Top Bottom