Your Ducks' Medicine Cabinet. Is it anything like this?

Sundevill11

Songster
9 Years
Aug 23, 2014
Oklahoma
I've been curious if we are in the "average" for spoiled duck health care. From gauze wrapping, antibiotics, foot spray/soak, vitamins, electrolytes, etc. Is this pretty typical for over-the-top duck care?
IMG_4581.JPG

Looks like a really good kit, though I don't see any tube feeding supplies. ;) With that kit it looks like you will be able to treat most wounds, eye problems, and some bacterial infections.

Can you list out all of the items? On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best kit, I would score it a 5 for sure.

Last edited:
Good looking first aid kit!

I have a first aid tote for my flock. I have standard and bantam chickens along with muscovies. Vet wrap, antibiotic cream, needles, syringes, some aquarium air tube from my last incubation, wound wash, blu-cote, a few different medications and a number of things I'm probably forgetting right now are in my kit.

I don't even have a first aid kit for the humans!

Looks like a really good kit, though I don't see any tube feeding supplies. ;) With that kit it looks like you will be able to treat most wounds, eye problems, and some bacterial infections.

Can you list out all of the items? On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best kit, I would score it a 5 for sure.

The yellow syringe is our feeding device. You asked for a detailed list.....here we go. (In no particular order)

Children's Benadryl Allergy (Cherry)
Safe Guard Dewormer
Nurti-Drench
Vaseline
Liquid Vitamin D3 (x3)
Durvest Daily Probiotics for Poultry (x2)
Life-Lyte Mega Tabs (x3)
Hen Healer (x2)
Vetericyn (x3)
Vetericyn Eye Wash
Betadine Solution
Sterile Wound Wash (x2)
Wound-Kote
Old McDonald's Stop That Pecking
Pure Planet Poultry Spray
Hydrogen Peroxide
Epsom Salt
Neosporin (x2)
Terramycin
Duramycin-10
Tricide Foot soak (1 mixed gallon and 1 packet dry)
Save-a-chick Electrolytes (x10)
Steptic Pen
Various popsicle sticks, droppers, nail files, gauze, tape, scissors and about 10 bath towels we bought from big lots. Since they get pooped on all the time during routine health checks, its necessary to have a few because they wear out in the wash pretty quick.

I've been curious if we are in the "average" for spoiled duck health care. From gauze wrapping, antibiotics, foot spray/soak, vitamins, electrolytes, etc. Is this pretty typical for over-the-top duck care?
View attachment 1693874
My ducks don’t have anything. I should look into getting some stuff.

Back
Top Bottom