Your experience with Ideal Poultry

PearlTheDuck

Songster
5 Years
Oct 19, 2016
Texas
I'm around 100% sure I will be ordering from them next spring, what's your experience with ordering chickens/ducks from them? Post pictures if you can :)

Ordered my chicks on Monday, they shipped Wednesday and received them today. All 8 healthy and happy!

image.jpeg

I ordered 25 in late May. Except for the extra one who didn't survive shipping, all are doing well & growing. Growing fast.

Expecting eggs by Halloween.

Had a few pasty butts early. Those cleared up quickly. No other issues.

congratulations on your chicks & enjoy the adventure!

Ordered a rare breed assortment of pullets at beginning of summer. All are great and have lost only a couple. And since I live in Texas about 6 hours away it was free shipping. Will order again. Ordered 30 and got 32 with no DOAs

I received an order from them last week. I ordered 15 - 3 each of Barred Rock, Dominque, Amercaunca, Buff Orphington and Red Sex Link. I received 16 with 1 DOA. Others seem to be doing fine. Mine were shipped on a Tuesday afternoon and received on Friday morning. Very pleased with that time span that they are all so healthy. This is the first time I have ordered from a hatchery. What are your thoughts on how accurate they are at sexing?

Ideal is so far, my favorite hatchery to deal with. I've ordered the 5 Buff Orps, 5 assorted heavy chicks (I got an RIR, Barred Rock, Black Australorp (sp?), an Easter Egger. I had ordered them as 4 pullets, 1 cockerel. They forgot the the cockerel, so they let us in to pick one out!), then 20 assorted chicks (ended up with 2 roos, out of 20 pullets. I got mostly heavy brown egg layers, with some hybrid white egg layers. After that came 5 ducks and two geese (all sexed right and in great shape). This year I got the assorted feather leg chicks (9 Buff Brahmas, 2 Buff Cochins, 1 Red Cochin, and 1 Partridge Cochin, all sexed right).

Only the 20 assorted chicks and the feather leg special were shipped, as I used to live about 3 hours from them. The feather legs were shipped with 15 males for warmth, which I promptly gave to my neighbor. Oh, and I've never had any DOAs or Sickly chicks.

I'll try and post some pics later.

I recently ordered 25 ducklings, all assorted. They were hatched on a Wednesday, shipped that night, and got to me by Friday. I had 3 DOA, 2 looked weak. Over the next 2 days, I had horrific losses. My brooder set up was good though I did add a 2nd waterer. I called and they sent replacements the next week. Again, hatched on a Wednesday, but this time arrived Thursday afternoon having been sent priority. Keeping fingers crossed, but this lot act extremely different than the last. So far, no losses, all seem to be thriving, and all are gorgeous!
I will definitely order from then again.

I live near too, and you can pick up at their office in cameron on your requested ship date. Easy to order by phone too. Always healthy birds, and good layers. Easier on the chicks especially ducks and bantams if you pick them up instead of ship. Just dont forget to pick them up on the right day 1pm. They dont call to remind you.

Excellent! I purchased from them to be able to get pullet rouen ducks instead of the straight run ducks from the farm store. I also bought a few more pullet chicks to round out the flock and take up some more space in the box. One duck didn't thrive after shipping and died, but they promptly refunded the cost. They actually shipped two weeks before our original ship date (they called first to verify that this was OK)!

I might also add, that they have one of the best shipping costs for small batches.

Back
Top Bottom