Your HONEST opinion on eating duck eggs

Quote:
Yes the do indeed. They raise fairly good dopey blondes here in rural Australia as well I hear. Ones that only half read posts properly.
lol.png

Hate them any other way than in a cake..I have a pond, and the ducks tend to go around the pond and their eggs taste muddy to me. I can not eat them. I love the chicken eggs, goose eggs(geese tend to do more feeding on the vegetation), and especially the guinea eggs. I am going to order some more of them this year just for their eggs.

So I'm probably the only one who prefers scrambled duck eggs to chicken eggs. I mix some milk and spices in and they taste great! And yes, they're great for baking.

Quote:
Yes the do indeed. They raise fairly good dopey blondes here in rural Australia as well I hear. Ones that only half read posts properly.
lol.png

But it was a very good laugh. I sure enjoyed it and needed it.

You know...I would have to agree with you about the blondes...we have an Aussie student here right now...only word I have for her is DIZZY! (the daughter that befriended her is dizzy too though!) Terri O from WI

Quote:
Oh, you're not the only one. After having my fresh duck eggs for a while I cooked up a grocery store chicken egg. It tasted like damp styrofoam by comparison (not that I've ever eaten styrofoam -or guinea pigs).
wink.png

Shannon
Harlequin Creek

Quote:
Lol I am not actually blonde( aussie saying doey blonde = silly person) though hubby thinks I should be some days. He calls me the dizzy blonde. My son who's 13 will say hey mum your blonde roots are showing again.. Guess they were showing well today lmao.

Last edited:
Quote:
lol.png

But it was a very good laugh. I sure enjoyed it and needed it.

Well as long as I gave someone a giggle for the day thats the main thing
smile.png

Last edited:
They make better cakes... They "bind" better in recipes... I like them for breakfast... Just taste better I think

Back
Top Bottom