Your Pet's Favorite Homemade Treat Recipes

greenfamilyfarms

Big Pippin'
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, NC
Our Lab is allergic to soy, rice, and lamb. As an alternative, I'm thinking about making her homemade treats instead so that I know what are in them. We are both tired to going to the vet for cortisol shots.
roll.png
'

So, what are some of your pet's favorite treat recipes? ETA: Her favorites: carrots, apple, chicken, eggs, milk.

Last edited:
Is she allergic to wheat? It's easy to make dog biscuits with flour (I use whole wheat and quick-cooking oats), a packet of yeast, a little liquid, and whatever flavor you want -- use beef or chicken broth for the liquid, fry some bacon and crush it and add, some grated cheese, whatever. Throw in a couple of eggs. You really don't need a recipe. Start with 2-3 cups of flour and the other stuff, and add liquid til it is a ball of dough you can handle easily. Roll it out, cut it into snack size pieces, and bake them around 350 for about 30 min. Leave them in the oven for a couple of hours if you want them crunchy, or take them up and freeze or refrigerate them. I use about 3 1/2 or 4 cups of flour and about 1 cup of liquid, a good quantity for my small Kitchenaid (dough hook.) I brush them just before baking with the cooled bacon grease (I usually use bacon) just to take up the flour on them from rolling them out.

There are about a gazillion dog treat recipes online. Try recipezaar or allrecipes.

A friend of mine used to hang around when I was baking them and snag about 6 of them for herself as soon as they came out of the oven.

Back
Top Bottom