Your thoughts on master bedroom(pics added)

birdnutz

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
wyoming
We had a prefab home put onto a raised foundation. So its kind of a story and a half. Heres my question. The master bedroom/bath is small. What do you guys think about a master suite in a basement. We could also make a cut into the foundation and make a walkout from the master. Also want to put a home theater and bar down there. Plus is; we could walk right out to our hot tub! 9 foot ceilings,so it wouldn't be claustriphobic. Nice and cool in the summer, kind of cool in the winter though.
I'll put up pics of exsiting master in a little bit. Just wanted to know what you thought of the master in basement.
Room is 12x14
masterdeadfish020.jpg

masterdeadfish021.jpg

Dressing room is 12x10 Bath is ?? SMALL! Dressing room also not seperated from master. Nothing like taking blow dryer into guest bath when DH is sleeping.
masterdeadfish022.jpg

masterdeadfish023.jpg

Last edited:
I did that in my previous house. The basement ran the entire length of the house. Put in a 20x30 bedroom on one side (had brick wall as a central retainer and the other side was a storage/workshop type room, bathroom and my painting supplies when I dabbled with oils. It wasn't glamerous, but it was large and far enough away to be relaxing. It was also close enough that I could hear the kids directly overhead
wink.png

My parents put a large bedroom downstairs and it is goreous! Had a full bath, wash/laundry room, entertainment HUGE TV, bookcases lined on walls, a small dining table, a upright freezer, a men's room (computer with stuffed animals), food pantry and furnace. They are almost done with it. If something happens to my parents I would love to live in that house but the problem is, no room for chickens nor put anywhere for some chickens with a room!

I wish we had basements around here, sadly we dont. I like the idea of the master suite in the ground. Makes it a lot harder to get shot in a drive by shooting.

I would use it as a wine cellar though

Wow, if you're able to do it-go for it!
thumbsup.gif
That sounds so awesome and I wish we didn't live in the flood zone, that could have been a definite possibility for this house.

The ONLY problem I see with the basement and the stairs, when you get older, you more liable to fall or stumble down or up the stairs.

Don't have to worry about drive bys.(Thank God!) I wondered about as we get older. But it already has french door walk out.

My bedroom is in my done over basement..
We have 3 bedrooms upstairs, but I wanted a bigger room..so i moved down here.
I have 2 connected rooms..one a bedroom, the other a little living room with a t.v. and couch...love it.
Yes, the stairs can be a PIA ...i've fallen down them a couple of times..
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom