Your very last chicken... what would it be?

Pics
@Chickassan are you sure your chickens aren't part goose? I have to deal with those types of shenanigans out of my geese...all day, every day!

@Brahma Chicken5000 rescues yes!! The best birds there are! :love What a beauty! I love how sassy she looks in the 2nd pic!!
Rescues for me too!

do you have pictures, they sound absolutely lovely.:love
Wow, what a cool and virtually impossible thread, lol!!!

When I was a little kid, my great aunts had chicken figurines on their kitchen shelves. They were ceramic & black with white spots and such beautiful red combs! When my husband wanted to get us started raising chickens, he said that Plymouth Barred Rocks would be the nicest to me, especially since I had ZERO experience with chickens. They were delightful and I was always delighted by their personalities!!

Our current flock was adopted from a Farm Animal Sanctuary & selected purely based on the beauty of their feathers! We had NO idea of breeds. We got 3 drop-dead-gorgeous Easter Eggers, 1 Auracana, 1 Buff Orphington, & 2 Americaunas. They are marvelous!

Who said one of every breed?? I dunno, so many beautiful, interesting & delightful breeds from which to choose!!!

Love, love, love my buff Orpingtons and barred rocks.
Victoria my gold laced Wyandotte has also won a special place in my heart. Love her wattles , talkative personality and she is a lap sitter and loves to be stroked.
62AEF989-3C81-47D6-90CB-D712DC9ED604.jpeg

I think I just have never known Orpingtons!!
Oh, you must try Orpingtons!!! I love love love my Buff Orpingtons!!! :love And now I have some 4 month old Lavender Orpingtons, and they are just as sweet and beautiful! Once you have one of these big fluffy Orps in your flock you will fall in love! :love Well, is there a chicken we can't fall in love with? But, you get my point. :D

If you could only have one breed for the rest of your days, what would it be? What is the one chicken that will always have a place in your coop (and heart) and why? :)

Just curious to see all the responses and reasonings because I may or may not be needing to see what else I can add to my spring chick order list. :p

This is all just for fun. Pictures, rankings or long lists of recommended breeds will all be appreciated. ;)
Brahma <3

Probably Columbian Rocks. They're very friendly and all of mine have been lap-sitters (except the rooster, who is very brave, which makes up for his unfriendliness toward humans. He has attacked hawks before and won). I lost my girl Sophia a little over a year ago, she was the sweetest hen I've ever owned. I still miss her a lot! I have two others, Christina and Henrietta, and the rooster, Napoleon.

Back
Top Bottom