yucky rooster.

lothefarmer

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
CA
the other day, i noticed some pale, VERY small bugs crawling all over my dark brahma rooster, deebs's face. i suspect they may be mites, but i have never had any of my birds get infested with any sort of bugs before, so i don't know...

no one else has them. i've checked everyone. and i check on poor deebs every day, and some days they're there, and sometimes they aren't...

i never ever see him dust bathe so, i think he may just be yucky and not bathing.

what do you guys think?

EDIT: also, we have given him two baths so far, and that seems to fix the problem.. for a day.. so yea.

Last edited:
You need to dust him with 7 dust. Do it at least twice (7-10 days apart). You could also add some DE if they have a fav. dusting area.

he doesn't live in a coop. he's a free roaming boy, and roosts underneath a little lean-to by himself.

okay, i went and got the sevin dust... is it really safe to apply it to their skin? it sounds sort of dangerous ):

Quote:
That's what I thought too until I was told it was safe for them. I haven't tried it yet but I will this spring when the ants multiply.

Back
Top Bottom