YUM ALONG PHOTO CONTEST No.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
On the PBS cooking shows, the cook always plates the food, then sits down and eats, either by him/herself or with a friend(s), family, etc. Martha Stewart with her baking show is the stingiest. She gives her guests a tiny bite, not a whole piece of cake, lol.
My favorites are Jacques Pepin's shows and Pati's Mexican Table......
Martha Stewart's way to put peeps on a diet. :gig:old

I just MAY be showing my age here but the last time I routinely watched a cooking show was Justin Wilson's "Louisiana Cookin'". Before that Graham Kerr's "The Galloping Gourmet", I think I was in Junior High then.
I think I can still recall watching this show sitting around with my 6 grandchildren by my side.. :old we didn't have color TV sets in those days.

You had 6 grandchildren 58 years ago?

Were all of those shows 15 minutes of commercial?
Well no, and I was wondering when someone would do the math. :gig
If you read many of my posts you can catch that I like to throw in a bit of humor. Never insulting or hurtful BTW.
Philip Harben was the first Cooking show on TV, I never saw him, but he fit my funny line since he started in 1947 or so.
I do remember Julia Child quite well though. I remember that she would like to enjoy a glass of some fine wine as she was cooking. Towards the end of the program it was also visible to some observers that she was enjoying that glass of wine as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom