Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

Very interesting. I just hope a couple hatch so I can see the diff she sent mature bird eggs also
I hope they do well.
Sometimes we have to set what we have. At least that's how it works here.
When trying to build up numbers, every egg is valuable.
I just mentioned those things as guidelines, especially for those with a lot of flock improvement to do.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers on here.

X2

Last edited:
I hope they do well.
Sometimes we have to set what we have. At least that's how it works here.
When trying to build up numbers, every egg is valuable.
I just mentioned those things as guidelines, especially for those with a lot of flock improvement to do.

X2
I'm sry if I came off harsh. When she was gathering eggs for me she showed me two awesome blue eggs. Well I really want blue & green eggs so she put me a few in with my order and added 8 extra just in case. I don't have breed standards just love my flock of hatchery buff orps red sex links& new Hampshires. I hatched 4 of ladycats marens for the Easter HAL and for this time lots of blue,green and a few cream color eggs. I do it for fun and eggs. My over all goal is to have many colors in my egg basket. I've always wanted green eggs and ham lol

Not at all.

I remember thinking the same thing. Having just various shades of light brown, I wanted white, tinted, green, blue and dark.
I ended up with everything but blue.
Now it's only dark brown and a single green every day since the others are gone.
I loved Jaers, Minorcas and Anconas for white eggs.

Not at all.

I remember thinking the same thing. Having just various shades of light brown, I wanted white, tinted, green, blue and dark.
I ended up with everything but blue.
Now it's only dark brown and a single green every day since the others are gone.
I loved Jaers, Minorcas and Anconas for white eggs.
Yeah I only have at this point brown layers well the orps and mix breeds lay a light color almost a cream. Bammadude included 4 white eggs they are small I think they are a bantam breed. Raven also included 3 or 4 blue bantam eggs. It will be my first bantams

I think for my next round of hatching I would like some large white eggs. Maybe unless I find something else that catches my eye. My neighbor said she remembers speckled eggs when she was little not sure on that one

I think for my next round of hatching I would like some large white eggs. Maybe unless I find something else that catches my eye. My neighbor said she remembers speckled eggs when she was little not sure on that one

Turkey eggs? They are very speckled.

Very

Some of my Welsummers and Penedesencas laid speckled eggs.

The breed with the biggest white eggs I know of are Minorcas. Blacks probably the biggest. 2 varieties very hard to find are white and buff.
I had a White Minorca with huge eggs and her daughter, a cross with Penedesenca laid from 70-90 gram eggs even as a pullet. Though the eggs were tinted to cream.

Turkey eggs? They are very speckled.
Not really sure she was a little girl now she's my age 38. I'd like to have some burbon red turkeys though. I'll be moveing end of this month beginning of next. There's an old barn I'm gonna turn into a coop. I'll have 4 times the space that's the main reason I'm expanding and would deff like some turkeys and maybe a few ducks. There's a creek with a decent pool right by the house

Very

Some of my Welsummers and Penedesencas laid speckled eggs.

The breed with the biggest white eggs I know of are Minorcas. Blacks probably the biggest. 2 varieties very hard to find are white and buff.
I had a White Minorca with huge eggs and her daughter, a cross with Penedesenca laid from 70-90 gram eggs even as a pullet. Though the eggs were tinted to cream.
That would be cool are they hard to keep? Our winters mild to negative teens and summers 80's to low 100s

They weren't really noticed in a mixed flock so, to me, that means they are easy keepers.
They originated in Spain but were developed in England so should be able to handle those temperatures.
I only had the white variety. They also come in a rose comb but I have no idea where to get them.
We have very similar temperatures on the low end but we can get to 110.
IMO Mediterranean breeds do well in heat, I've never had frostbite on single comb Med. hens in our coldest winters.

Back
Top Bottom