Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

My incubator is already full and so is my broody! Unless my Marans start laying very well, I won't have enough eggs for the May 26 date...maybe I will get some Orps.

Last edited:
Help me out here--- posted on another thread and just want to make sure I am seeing things correctly.

Candled the guinea eggs under a broody on day 12. I pulled 3 of the 12 out because two showed blood rings and one appears infertile or did not develop. This is only my second time candling eggs, the first was last year where all 10 chicks showed development. Nothing to really compare to. The other eggs in this clutch showed much development and many had movement.

Tell me, What do you see?
Egg 1

Egg 2

Egg 3

Help me out here--- posted on another thread and just want to make sure I am seeing things correctly.

Candled the guinea eggs under a broody on day 12. I pulled 3 of the 12 out because two showed blood rings and one appears infertile or did not develop. This is only my second time candling eggs, the first was last year where all 10 chicks showed development. Nothing to really compare to. The other eggs in this clutch showed much development and many had movement.

Tell me, What do you see?
Egg 1

Egg 2

Egg 3
Assuming that they were not shipped, they are two bloodrings and a clear.

If they are past day 10, no development.

Last edited:
Assuming that they were not shipped, they two bloodrings and a clear.

Great. Just worried about second guessing myself. It wouldn't make a difference now, since I took them out of the nest. They are guinea eggs, at day 12 and I picked them up less than 5 miles down the road.

Assuming that they were not shipped, they are two bloodrings and a clear.

Hi Ron and chicken pickin. I'm gonna try my hand at moon phase hatching. Lol just an excuse to hatch more eggs. I have some due to be here tomorrow from Bammadude and ravynfallen.

Hi Ron and chicken pickin. I'm gonna try my hand at moon phase hatching. Lol just an excuse to hatch more eggs. I have some due to be here tomorrow from Bammadude and ravynfallen.
frow.gif

I set 6 Cream Legbar eggs for the 1st moon phase of this hatch a long, then 2 more eggs the following day so those don't count. I think this is a very interesting hatch a long. Glad you are joining and that found some fun colorful eggs. How many do you plan on setting?

.... Lol just an excuse to hatch more eggs. I...
Isn't that the truth.
I'm still working on predator proofing and completely redesigning a building to get adults out of the brooder house so I can get chicks out of the cellar.
frow.gif

I set 6 Cream Legbar eggs for the 1st moon phase of this hatch a long, then 2 more eggs the following day so those don't count. I think this is a very interesting hatch a long. Glad you are joining and that found some fun colorful eggs. How many do you plan on setting?
If I had more room and time, I'd raise CLs.
I'm going to a chicken swap Saturday and though I'm collecting eggs for the HAL, I may sell a dozen or so there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom