Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

Holy crap, a Swedish flower finally hatched and it is active! The rest that did hatch (which wasn't very many this year) were all weak at hatching.

I was sick, so trying to catch up, lol...

Bammadude & ravynfallen are grandparents!!! 27 1/2 hours early ravynfallen's new laying Am pullet egg hatched. 10-15 min after that 3 more hatched. Second chick out was a Pure Am from ravynfallen. Third out was bamma's large pinkish egg. Looks to be a maren mix all yellow with feathered feet. Fourth one is from ravynfallen's new laying Am pullet. 6 more have pips. 3 of bamma's and 3 of ravynfallen's. I'll update later seeing how I just came down with a fever of 99.5 and couldn't go to work lol

Great boss and great hatch!!!

Hockeydad: the yellow chick is a wheaten Marans x buff brahma.
Be careful because my chicks will probably pick on rayvn's chicks lol

Yeah, but mine beat yours outta the shell, lol... :p

Lol the first one of yours that was hatched is picking on anything that moves

Give mine time, they'll gang up on bama's grandchicks! ;)

18 healthy chicks so far 28 made it to lock down. 4 Mia that I gave my broody. She did manage to steal a few of my flocks eggs I think Im just gonna let her hatch them. Ty ravynfallen and Bammadude for the well packed healthy eggs it has been a great experience so far.

That is so flockin' awesome!! You are very welcome and I am as happy as I know bama is about helping you get your colorful egg basket! If you ever want more, just holler! :)

Oh, and PICS please!! :D

Blech... can't spell, lol...

Last edited:
Welcome back ravynfallen. Glad your feeling better. The hatch at this point is at 20. I had to assist 1 #19 had opened the top of the shell and only had the inner membrane no shell left from zip line up and was breathing thru a little poke hole. I was trying not to step in but after 17 hrs I slowly pealed the membrane away but it was sticking to it's shoulders just above it's wings. I misted it with warm water and worked it free. I put it back in the bator and it made it's way out the rest of the way and is looking great

@ChickenCanoe would you mind dropping by the "chat thread for the crazy 24 hour auction" and post that link about the disadvantages of hatching pullet eggs. I cant copy paste. There is an ongoing discussion about that topic.

Back
Top Bottom