Zoe/Zach & Gabriel Got Some Sun (PICS)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Warmed up today, so the remaining older youngsters, both of Hawkeye's kids and the lone blue Ameraucana pullet that belongs to Kate (helmstead) had a long time outside. Snapped some pics of Gabriel, Zoe/Zach (still taking bets, LOL) and pretty blue girl. Gabe's feathers were messed up because he didn't want to come out and didn't want to be caught so when mom grabbed him, he was a bit rumpled. He's 14 weeks, Zoe is almost 9 weeks and the Ameraucana girl is 9 weeks old. Wow, 14 weeks! In about a month, he'll be ready to help Dad with the, um, duties, LOL.
DCP_9244.jpg

DCP_9247.jpg

DCP_9249.jpg

DCP_9250.jpg

DCP_9253.jpg

DCP_9259.jpg

DCP_9258.jpg

DCP_9242.jpg

That's a blue Ameraucana pullet, Karen. I was breeding them till, well, yesterday when my rooster went to a new home. I have one more baby left in the brooder, a black one that I'm hoping is a pullet, too. She's three weeks old and a sister to this blue girl (hopefully, a sister!)

I think the other BR is a female, but with wider barring. It's weird to see Gabe compared to the little blue ameraucana. HE's HUGE

Hmm, could be, but most likely just another breed in a blue color. Pretty baby! Looks like it has some Old English Game Bantam in it. I saw some Self Blue OEGBs at the feedstore today (another term for lavender) that looked similar.
Rosy, Gabriel is more slender than I expected. He must be taking after his mother Lexie rather than Hawkeye, who is extremely broad bodied. He is, however, a giant compared to the Ameraucana babies and was larger than the Ameraucana cockerel his own age. Gabe tried to crow for the first time today, too! Guess he figured since that other crowing boy was gone, he had to take up the slack, LOL. Boy, it was bad, too!

Back
Top Bottom