2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Feel free to use it. And I don't mind I just wonder what I would get if I bred Twitch back the the girls. Especially Sophie and Jabber as the are really dark specimens and Twitch is quite light. I need to get some pics of the girls chests so you can see how stunning they look.

Feathered feet is how I figured out that the bantam Cochin was the father haha. So you think they'll look like mostly white cochins? They all have 2 random black spots on back/top of wings

@Gloryjasmine
On the new birds they're beautiful. How old are they? That roo is going to be gorgeous. My bet is he's a gold laced cochin but I'm not an expert and I love him. The third one I need more pics please. The second one looks like a gold laced wyandotte to me. Does she have a rose comb? Is she a bantam? That's cute that Oliver was dancing for her. Nugget dances for our girls too he even dances for me sometimes lol maybe that's why him and DH2B don't see eye to eye they're fighting over me ;) lol I saw Nugget try to breed one of our wyandottes today he did pretty good until he lost his balance and fell off her back. Absolutely hilarious and he was so pleased with himself. Not bad for what I believe was his first try but still so funny to watch. He's so tiny idk if he can breed a large fowl but he's gunna try. Hopefully that means she's close to laying.
Based on the drab colors of the ducks I would say female, but I know very very little about ducks. Still working on the chicken knowledge :)
Turkey looks like a broad breasted white

Trying to post pics but I am not getting the icons to pop up???

Chickendreams24: Here are some more pics of our new hen,Zoey. Well I'm hoping she's a hen,I'll put it that way. If you need closer or a specific direction please lemme know.
1f618.png

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Ok that's odd....well at least I finally got the icons to pop up. Can't ask for perfection! Lol

Last edited:
Chickendreams24: Here are some more pics of our new hen,Zoey. Well I'm hoping she's a hen,I'll put it that way. If you need closer or a specific direction please lemme know.
1f618.png

Ok that's odd....well at least I finally got the icons to pop up. Can't ask for perfection! Lol
That's not a hen. That bird has long, thin, pointed male saddle feathers. It's a boy.

Oh no I'm sorry my Dear. That explains why his comb is so developed at nine weeks. If you need some hens come up here I have a couple buff Orpingtons I'd like to rehome and maybe an isa brown too. Plus a pair of silkies :)

Hey guys I ended up having a great hatch. 29 out of 34 that made it to lock down. but unfortunately my dog jumped over my room gate and mauled every chick but 4 to death :( this really sucks I feel so bad for those poor little birds

Back
Top Bottom