2015 August hatch-a-long!!

HI! joining late! I set some shipped eggs 10 days ago. 11 went in. looks like i had a scrambled, and a few loose saddle air cells.. 7 started to develop, but 3 quit! I am nervous and hope the last 4 hatch.

oh and they are lav orps. this better be my last set for the year. i have a broody hen. she has been sitting for 12 days on golf balls.. poor girl, but i am going to try to slip these babies under her when they hatch... ive done it previously.. so hoping it works this time!

HI! joining late! I set some shipped eggs 10 days ago. 11 went in. looks like i had a scrambled, and a few loose saddle air cells.. 7 started to develop, but 3 quit! I am nervous and hope the last 4 hatch.

oh and they are lav orps. this better be my last set for the year. i have a broody hen. she has been sitting for 12 days on golf balls.. poor girl, but i am going to try to slip these babies under her when they hatch... ive done it previously.. so hoping it works this time!

Sounds cool!

Best of luck!

your not too late. I still haven't set mine and they will hatch in Aug. good luck

Just received my 1st dozen of eggs through the mail. I'm supper excited since it was a batch of hens choice so at first didn't know my variety I would have. So I got 4 speckled Sussex (sps) 3 lavender cuckoo Orpington (lco) 3 black jersey giant (bg)2 appenzeller spitzhauben (as)2 cream legbar (cl) I have 2 eggs in the incubator waiting to hatch( on day 20) so hoping Friday to start setting these beauties.

Just received my 1st dozen of eggs through the mail. I'm supper excited since it was a batch of hens choice so at first didn't know my variety I would have. So I got 4 speckled Sussex (sps) 3 lavender cuckoo Orpington (lco) 3 black jersey giant (bg)2 appenzeller spitzhauben (as)2 cream legbar (cl) I have 2 eggs in the incubator waiting to hatch( on day 20) so hoping Friday to start setting these beauties.

Awesome breeds!

Leave the dirt. The bloom will protect the chick. Dont wash, if you can scrape the dirt off but its not necessary.

x2

My eggs had some chicken droppings on them as well, but it isn't bad shipping, the seller just doesn't want to risk pushing the dirt into the egg pores or removing the protective bloom.

12 new eggs set :) 6 are Paint to Paint miniature silkies and 6 are silkie bantam mix of colours from a Black roo (carrying paint), and a gold roo running with 2 paint and 2 partridge hens hatch date should be the 19th my second time hatching :D And it's nice to see a few from the July hatch a long think this will be my last time hatching for a while unless I decide on quail or take my turner out and hatch reptile eggs...

Back
Top Bottom