2015 August hatch-a-long!!

I'm giving my broody Jubilee Orpington hen , 8 eggs to sit on starting tomorrow. This is my first time trying to hatch eggs from a broody hen. *Crosses fingers* Hopefully it works! I'm exciting to follow all the fellow August hatchers posts.

I'm giving my broody Jubilee Orpington hen , 8  eggs to sit on starting tomorrow. This is my first time trying to hatch eggs from a broody hen. *Crosses fingers*  Hopefully it works!  I'm exciting to follow all the fellow August hatchers posts.

My broody just hatched 7 of 9. Shs still sitting o the other two. My first and hers. Good luck and keep is updàted

I'm giving my broody Jubilee Orpington hen , 8 eggs to sit on starting tomorrow. This is my first time trying to hatch eggs from a broody hen. *Crosses fingers* Hopefully it works! I'm exciting to follow all the fellow August hatchers posts.

Jubilees are gorgeous! Best of luck hatching eggs!
thumbsup.gif

I'm now in week 2: the week where you have to check humidity levels daily because they start sucking up that moisture! I add warm water so that my temperature won't change much. Hoping for a great hatch!
fl.gif

So i have a broody silkie with silkie eggs, a broody ee on a bunch of mixed eggs and now 2 broody button quail on eggs. 1 on tight and 1 just thinking about it.

Day 4 and I was wondering how/if the summer heat (of 104 degrees F and above) can effect eggs under a broody? Anywho here's a pic of my broody girl :)

Back
Top Bottom