Ameraucana Projects Thread

I would not split the girls, maybe rotate them.  That is the only fair way to evaluate the offspring.

How would you rotate them if they are not separated/split into different pens ?

Running them together or switching them every week .... then you have no idea which rooster is the daddy . lol

I have 5 three month old buff laced white f2 chicks as well as some 2 month olds, I need something to outcrops to for next year because they are all full siblibgs. What breeds are close in type and also have lacing without going down in size? The mother of these chicks is half Lf half Bantam but the father is all Lf

I have 5 three month old buff laced white f2 chicks as well as some 2 month olds, I need something to outcrops to for next year because they are all full siblibgs. What breeds are close in type and also have lacing without going down in size? The mother of these chicks is half Lf half Bantam but the father is all Lf

Pictures would help . So buff laced white is this a white bird with buff lacing or a buff bird with white lacing ? Makes a difference on reccomendation . I looked at some of your photos but not sure what you are calling buff laced white . I had some buff laced white bantams that resulted from adding dominate white to Brown Red . White birds with buff lacing .

Pictures would help . So buff laced white is this a white bird with buff lacing or a buff bird with white lacing ? Makes a difference on reccomendation . I looked at some of your photos but not sure what you are calling buff laced white . I had some buff laced white bantams that  resulted from adding dominate white to Brown Red . White birds with buff lacing . 
I'm going for buff laced white like in polish, but my chicks so far have buff lacing on a white feather. The mother was only split for the pattern genes. I would share pictures however the app isn't letting me I did post them in the ameraucana projects group on Facebook though

I'm going for buff laced white like in polish, but my chicks so far have buff lacing on a white feather. The mother was only split for the pattern genes. I would share pictures however the app isn't letting me I did post them in the ameraucana projects group on Facebook though

Buff lacing on a white feather is totally different genetics than white lacing on a buff feather . What you are trying for is achieved by adding dominant white to golden laced in Polish . So a gold laced breed like Orpington would work . Orpington body type would blend in well . Second choice Wyandotte .

Buff lacing on a white feather is totally different genetics than white lacing on a buff feather . What you are trying for is achieved by adding dominant white to golden laced in Polish . So a gold laced breed like Orpington would work . Orpington body type would blend in well . Second choice Wyandotte .
the original hen I started with was a poor quality white laced red Cornish Bantam and the rooster was a e^b/e^wh large fowl EE. Would it be more beneficial to start over with a pure ameraucanas? And maybe incorporate this bloodline later?

the original hen I started with was a poor quality white laced red Cornish Bantam and the rooster was a e^b/e^wh large fowl EE. Would it be more beneficial to start over with a pure ameraucanas? And maybe incorporate this bloodline later?

Probably . I did see some pics of yours that looked Cornish pattern . There are hatchery EE that are buff with white in the tail and neck . So likely wheaten or buff based with dominant white removing black . Not sure which hatchery sells these . Anyway golden laced and dominant white will create what you want .

Back
Top Bottom