Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote: Tell it to the hand!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Question for all of you, what has your experience been with chick eye color vs adult eye color. My little splash cockerel has eyes that are very pale blueish green and my little splash pullet has eyes that are a very dark brown.

Bay is the proper eye color for Ameraucana. Juveniles go through eye color changes before they reach the proper color. I've seen them go from grayish green to bay. I would wait until about six or seven months before judging eye color

Bay is the proper eye color for Ameraucana.  Juveniles go through eye color changes before they reach the proper color.  I've seen them go from grayish green to bay.   I would wait until about six or seven months before judging eye color

So the light eyes might darken up and dark eyes might lighten to become bay? Bay is an orangey red color right?

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Locked down my eggs today and found internal and external pips!!!!! It's not even really day 19 yet! My babies are coming!!

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Which is the best hatchery to order real Ameraucanas from? I tried hatching my own from some eggs I traded for with another BYC owner, but a bad storm knocked out power while I was out of town and I lost the whole batch. I am tying to work another trade, but thought I might just order some from a hatchery. I don't need anything special, but I would like real Ameraucanas that are not EEs. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom