Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hello Everyone!

Well my two female Wheaten Ameraucana chicks from March 29th hatch turned out to be boys! Beautiful... but boys. So no blue eggs for me.

I purchased two more female Wheaten Ameraucana's however one died before I picked them up. (Don't get me started on the breeder... a whole different story)

Long story ... but now I have one Wheaten and I am hoping she is female as promised...
Please take a look at the pictures below, I know it is early, as I think she is only 4 to 4 1/2 weeks. This chicks feathers are different compared to my boys. Maybe those of you who have had both female and male Wheaten's can offer some early opinions on the sex of this little one.

Meet Pasha:

The following are pictures of the boys Nugget and Tenley and how they turned out

Nugget at 8 weeks

Tenley at 8 weeks

Nugget and Tenley at 4 months (or so)

Thank-you for looking!

Hello Everyone!

Well my two female Wheaten Ameraucana chicks from March 29th hatch turned out to be boys! Beautiful... but boys. So no blue eggs for me.

I purchased two more female Wheaten Ameraucana's however one died before I picked them up. (Don't get me started on the breeder... a whole different story)

Long story ... but now I have one Wheaten and I am hoping she is female as promised...
Please take a look at the pictures below, I know it is early, as I think she is only 4 to 4 1/2 weeks. This chicks feathers are different compared to my boys. Maybe those of you who have had both female and male Wheaten's can offer some early opinions on the sex of this little one.

Meet Pasha:

The following are pictures of the boys Nugget and Tenley and how they turned out

Nugget at 8 weeks

Tenley at 8 weeks

Nugget and Tenley at 4 months (or so)

Thank-you for looking!

Well, hate to say this, but that doesn't even look like an Ameraucana. A wheaten Ameraucana chick should not have the barring that Pasha has in his back and wings. The second two look correct, but if they came from the same breeder, I'd be wary.

There is my blue cockerel #1

And the other one there.

There's my black cockerel as well.

All 12 weeks.

Last edited:
Well, hate to say this, but that doesn't even look like an Ameraucana.  A wheaten Ameraucana chick should not have the barring that Pasha has in his back and wings.  The second two look correct, but if they came from the same breeder, I'd be wary.

Thankyou. I see what you mean.The boys has some barring in their feathers when the very first ones came in. Still crossing my fingers that Pasha is a girl. Time will tell. Thankyou for your help. ..... actually on second look of the boy's "baby"pictures it isn't really barring I see but colours.

Last edited:
Thankyou. I see what you mean.The boys has some barring in their feathers when the very first ones came in. Still crossing my fingers that Pasha is a girl. Time will tell. Thankyou for your help. ..... actually on second look of the boy's "baby"pictures it isn't really barring I see but colours.
Pasha is a pullet. But she's not Wheaten.

Thankyou so much for your reply. I wasn't expecting that she isn't a true Ameraucana. Especially since the boys were true and she has the slate legs and all. Funny what I missed being so close and concentrating so much on sex. I guess she would be an EE then? Wondering if I will get some kind of blue eggs. The breeder only has Wheaten's, Barred Rock and Colombian Rock. I'm guessing someone jumped tbe pen... lol
1f609.png
Maybe someday I'll have my Wheaten Ameraucana. We will love Pasha regardless! Thank-you

Last edited:
Thankyou so much for your reply. I wasn't expecting that she isn't a true Ameraucana. Especially since the boys were true and she has the slate legs and all. Funny what I missed being some close and concentrating so much on sex. I guess she would be an EE then? Wondering if I will get some kind of blue eggs. The breeder only has Wheaten's Barred Rock and Colombian Rock. I'm guessing someone jumped tbe pen... lol
1f609.png
Maybe someday I'll have my Wheaten Ameraucana. We will love Pasha regardless! Thank-you
Since one of the boys has a mismarked chest, lots of red, not solid black like it should be; it's likely just crappy breeding stock throwing nonstandard birds.

Thankyou so much for your reply. I wasn't expecting that she isn't a true Ameraucana. Especially since the boys were true and she has the slate legs and all. Funny what I missed being so close and concentrating so much on sex. I guess she would be an EE then? We will love Pasha regardless. I hope to someday have a true Wheaten Pullet. Thankyou for your replies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom