Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
I have ordered from eBay and BYC, I had great results from both, both came from NY. I had better results from eBay but I feel I was lucky. I bought 12+ black/lavender splits project from jerryse1952, I received 18 eggs, 14 hatched, 3 didn't make it out and one clear. From BYC BBS I bought 18+ from McSpin I do not remember the hatch rate but I still have 7 birds (5 blues, 2 splash).

You did get lucky. jerryse is a member of the ABC. Ebay is a little scary if you don't know EXACTLY what to look for when it comes to Ameraucanas. I'd stick with the breeders directory on the ABC site.
wink.png

Quote:
I have ordered from eBay and BYC, I had great results from both, both came from NY. I had better results from eBay but I feel I was lucky. I bought 12+ black/lavender splits project from jerryse1952, I received 18 eggs, 14 hatched, 3 didn't make it out and one clear. From BYC BBS I bought 18+ from McSpin I do not remember the hatch rate but I still have 7 birds (5 blues, 2 splash).

You did get lucky. jerryse is a member of the ABC. Ebay is a little scary if you don't know EXACTLY what to look for when it comes to Ameraucanas. I'd stick with the breeders directory on the ABC site.
wink.png

Me too Ebay eggs seller usually don't work out and with Ameraucana its even riskier.

This is for gknee424.This is jerryse and Iam in Sparland Il.About 1 hour drive from you.PM me and let me know what you are interested in.I will have eggs and chicks come spring. Jerry

Quote:
wink.png

Me too Ebay eggs seller usually don't work out and with Ameraucana its even riskier.

Wayne Meredith sells on Ebay sometimes.

Quote:
I would steer clear of ebay unless you know the seller. Early on, I ordered 'True Ameraucana' hatching eggs from there, and got Easter Eggers. I was VERY disappointed. 2 years later I ordered eggs from Pips&Peeps on here, and got some really nice birds out of it.

Quote:
53919_eggs_nov21.jpg

Olive, mint, and teal. All from "true ameraucanas". Egg color is highly variable. Unless you hatch the eggs yourself, you won't know how blue the hens will lay until they actually start laying. And that's not even taking into account what the male side is carrying. Hope this answers your question. By the way, the top eggs are the first three eggs from one pullet and the egg color has improved, but it still has that underlying brown factor, and so I still call it "green".

Also, there is a thread somewhere for people to post pics of their "blue" eggs.....some of them are GORGEOUS! Definately something to strive for. Let me see if I can find a link.

Ok I cannot find the link. Here are three pictures that I believe were posted in that thread. These are not my pictures and I cannot take credit for these beautiful blue eggs! Please, if they are yours, step up and claim them! And I hope you do not mind that I posted them here since someone asked about pics of pretty blue eggs!

53919_p1120472ferns1stegg.jpg

53919_dsc_7732.jpg

53919_26987_blueshellhatched.jpg

Quote:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/53919_eggs_nov21.jpg
Olive, mint, and teal. All from "true ameraucanas". Egg color is highly variable. Unless you hatch the eggs yourself, you won't know how blue the hens will lay until they actually start laying. And that's not even taking into account what the male side is carrying. Hope this answers your question. By the way, the top eggs are the first three eggs from one pullet and the egg color has improved, but it still has that underlying brown factor, and so I still call it "green".

Those eggs on the top certainly don't look olive. . . Honestly they look like eggs that would rate in the A section on the colored egg chart.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom