Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I know he's not great but heres a link to another Splash from an ABC member. http://www.signaturefeathers.com/wheaten/wheaten.html

I
the picture posed show his hackel feathers as a blond color but when i went out a little while ago they definatly have the reddy oragne coming in them.

I guess i will find out in a couple months

Your roo is not even close, sorry. Here are some splash wheaten roos:
28521_dscn6529.jpg

28521_100_4184.jpg

Quote:
My condolences as well. Even though I've done this for years now and I always tell folks who want to start breeding that they will learn the term "acceptable loss", I have lost some very special birds and I can sympathize.

God Bless,

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I really understand the importance of having a spare rooster now. Spike was just looking the nicest so far. I have his brother, Rudy and at least two more black cockerels that are only 2 months old so I guess my whole plan of breeding ameraucana is not destroyed. But he was just so pretty!
I am thinking electric fence is probably what I need to do. Cuz those dogs will just keep coming back again and again looking for weak spots. ugh... stupid dogs...

Quote:
Ok I am just starting out here but I didn't think that a white pullet would be in the same color family as a blue roo. I think blue is supposed to be with blue/black/splash.
hu.gif

Im in the same boat lol ive always raised them but I am just now getting into specifics for show stock and quality, and i thought if you crossed a blue roo with a white hen you could get splash?? can anyone help us?

Quote:
Ok I am just starting out here but I didn't think that a white pullet would be in the same color family as a blue roo. I think blue is supposed to be with blue/black/splash.
hu.gif

Right. You could breed her to a black roo and make splits, but it would require seperate pens, notekeeping and so on.

Back
Top Bottom