Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Awesome! Where will you show them? Will you be at the Shawnee show? That's where i will meet Mr. Smith this year
The Four Corners Poultry show is the first weekend in Nov. It is the only APA/ABA show in my state. This will be my third year entering Ameraucanas there. I would like to have a decent number of Lavs/Self-Blue there as well as Blacks.

I went to Shawnee last year. It was great meeting Paul and Angela though they had to leave their birds in their truck because of a screw-up on the shows part. Matter of fact, all three people I went there to meet had problems with their entries.
hmm.png

It was a long haul, so not this year.

The Four Corners Poultry show is the first weekend in Nov. It is the only APA/ABA show in my state. This will be my third year entering Ameraucanas there. I would like to have a decent number of Lavs/Self-Blue there as well as Blacks.

I went to Shawnee last year. It was great meeting Paul and Angela though they had to leave their birds in their truck because of a screw-up on the shows part. Matter of fact, all three people I went there to meet had problems with their entries.
hmm.png

It was a long haul, so not this year.
Oh wow i bet that was not pretty! Well i hope it's all good this year cause i can't wait to go there! Good luck at your show!

Last edited:
Dak,

LOVE that first lavender pullet!!!!!!!!
Thank you! Some progress finally. She is from the split x split breeding.
I still hate every cockerel in the pen.
barnie.gif
Color issues, combs are mostly flat blobs, and feather quality problems.

Last time I split to Black, I used a Lav cock x Black hens. I think I'll go the other way this time. Black cock to Lav hens.

Hello,

I am new to this site, but just wanted to announce the arrival of my new Ameraucana chicks! Just got them today and they all look healthy and hearty, they are all zooming around the brooder and scratching at the ground already. I don't have pics yet but will post some as soon as I figure out this new camera. I am hoping for some good colors and some beautiful eggs! These guys are so funny and animated!
I also have Old English Bantams, Salmon Faverolle Bantams and standard Polish: I was so confused when it came time to choose a breed for eggs, I went back and forth and then finally decided on the Ameraucanas for their beauty and unusual eggs! I am so happy we got them!

In the spring I will also be ordering the Salmon Faverolle Standards, they remind me alot of the Ameraucanas and they are in critical condition so I want to help bring them back.

Anyways, looking forward to getting to know you al and talking chicken!

Stephanie
Wisconsin

Hello,

I am new to this site, but just wanted to announce the arrival of my new Ameraucana chicks! Just got them today and they all look healthy and hearty, they are all zooming around the brooder and scratching at the ground already. I don't have pics yet but will post some as soon as I figure out this new camera. I am hoping for some good colors and some beautiful eggs! These guys are so funny and animated!
I also have Old English Bantams, Salmon Faverolle Bantams and standard Polish: I was so confused when it came time to choose a breed for eggs, I went back and forth and then finally decided on the Ameraucanas for their beauty and unusual eggs! I am so happy we got them!

In the spring I will also be ordering the Salmon Faverolle Standards, they remind me alot of the Ameraucanas and they are in critical condition so I want to help bring them back.

Stephanie
Wisconsin
Hi Stephanie Welcome! Glad your new Ameraucanas are doing well. Where did you get them?

I am really glad to hear about your faverolles. Check out the faverolles thread. Lots of good discusion on there about my favorite breeds. I would love to hear where you are ordering your LF faverolles from and about your bantams. Can't wait to see you over on the faverolles thread.

Again Welcome.

Hello,

Stephanie
Wisconsin

Welcome, must post pics!

Back
Top Bottom