Any Home Bakers Here?

I haven't made bread pudding in years. I am trying to wrap my head around Chocolate bread pudding - sorry, but that doesn't even sound good to me. Maybe because my favorite part of the bread pudding is the rum butter sauce, and rum sauce on chocolate does not sound good.

Chocolate Soufflé, on the other hand, sounds heavenly. Some day I will make a soufflé.

I haven't made bread pudding in years. I am trying to wrap my head around Chocolate bread pudding - sorry, but that doesn't even sound good to me. Maybe because my favorite part of the bread pudding is the rum butter sauce, and rum sauce on chocolate does not sound good.

Chocolate Soufflé, on the other hand, sounds heavenly. Some day I will make a soufflé.
The bread pudding is a pressure cooker recipe and is very good!
My Daughters request it because it is so tasty

Chocolate-Chunk Bread Pudding – pressure cooker recipe
Pressure Cooker Accessories Pr. Cook Time Pr. Level Open
5 L or larger steamer and container/ramekins 10 min. High(2) Natural
Adapted from Michael Natkin’s new book Herbivoracious. I halved the recipe, made it in the pressure cooker
instead of the oven, and added a sugar finish (I can’t resist a crunchy top)!
2 cups water
2 tablespoons, butter
2 large eggs
5 tablespoons white sugar
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch (1/8 teaspoon) kosher salt
7 ounces (or 200 grams) Challah, Brioche or multi-grain bread, or French Baugette stale cut into 3/4″ cubes most
of the crust removed
3.5 ounces (or 100 grams) high-quality bittersweet chocolate (about 70%) cut into large chips
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1 tablespoon butter, chopped
Prepare the pressure cooker by adding two cups of water and the trivet. Then, prepare the heat-proof dish by
slathering a pat of butter on the inside (reserve the rest for later). If the heat-proof dish does not have a handles
either put it in a steamer basket with handles or, construct aluminum foil “helper handles” to help you lower the
dish and pull it out of the pressure cooker
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until the there is no more grind of sugar granules under your whisk.
Then add the milk, vanilla extract and salt.
Pour the bread cubes into the mixing bowl and lightly mix with your fingers and let stand 5 minutes. Then, mix
again and pour bread cubes and any remaining custard mixture into the buttered heat-proof dish – pushing down
slightly if you need to fit them all. Add the chocolate chunks, again mixing lightly to ensure even distribution. Let
stand again for another 5 minutes and give everything a final mix.
Place 2 cups water in the pressure cooker and add the steamer basket (or trivet) and lower the un-covered
heat-proof dish into the pressure cooker using a foil sling (here’s how to make it) and lower the uncovered
container into the pressure cooker.
Close and lock the lid. Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower to the heat to the
minimum needed to maintain pressure. Cook for 10-15 minutes at high pressure.
Open with the Natural release method – move the pressure cooker to a cool burner and wait for the pressure to
come down on it’s own (about 10 minutes). For electric pressure cooker, disengage the “keep warm” mode or
unplug the cooker and count 10 minutes if the pressure indicator has gone down then release the rest of the
pressure with the valve.
Carefully lift out the pudding from the pressure cooker and sprinkle the top with raw sugar, and lastly with little
dots of butter. Slide under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the top has crisped and the sugar
has caramelized.
Serve, as Michael recommends with a drizzle of heavy cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Serves 4-6 (one 7 3/4″ or 20cm pudding or six ramekins)

I should make bread pudding , yum! I’ve never done a sauce for it as it’s good on it’s own.

I got my cookies made and they are pretty yummy. I used twice as much almond bark as it called for.
View attachment 1249050 View attachment 1249051 View attachment 1249052
droolin.gif

The bread pudding is a pressure cooker recipe and is very good!
My Daughters request it because it is so tasty

Chocolate-Chunk Bread Pudding – pressure cooker recipe
Pressure Cooker Accessories Pr. Cook Time Pr. Level Open
5 L or larger steamer and container/ramekins 10 min. High(2) Natural
Adapted from Michael Natkin’s new book Herbivoracious. I halved the recipe, made it in the pressure cooker
instead of the oven, and added a sugar finish (I can’t resist a crunchy top)!
2 cups water
2 tablespoons, butter
2 large eggs
5 tablespoons white sugar
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch (1/8 teaspoon) kosher salt
7 ounces (or 200 grams) Challah, Brioche or multi-grain bread, or French Baugette stale cut into 3/4″ cubes most
of the crust removed
3.5 ounces (or 100 grams) high-quality bittersweet chocolate (about 70%) cut into large chips
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1 tablespoon butter, chopped
Prepare the pressure cooker by adding two cups of water and the trivet. Then, prepare the heat-proof dish by
slathering a pat of butter on the inside (reserve the rest for later). If the heat-proof dish does not have a handles
either put it in a steamer basket with handles or, construct aluminum foil “helper handles” to help you lower the
dish and pull it out of the pressure cooker
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until the there is no more grind of sugar granules under your whisk.
Then add the milk, vanilla extract and salt.
Pour the bread cubes into the mixing bowl and lightly mix with your fingers and let stand 5 minutes. Then, mix
again and pour bread cubes and any remaining custard mixture into the buttered heat-proof dish – pushing down
slightly if you need to fit them all. Add the chocolate chunks, again mixing lightly to ensure even distribution. Let
stand again for another 5 minutes and give everything a final mix.
Place 2 cups water in the pressure cooker and add the steamer basket (or trivet) and lower the un-covered
heat-proof dish into the pressure cooker using a foil sling (here’s how to make it) and lower the uncovered
container into the pressure cooker.
Close and lock the lid. Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower to the heat to the
minimum needed to maintain pressure. Cook for 10-15 minutes at high pressure.
Open with the Natural release method – move the pressure cooker to a cool burner and wait for the pressure to
come down on it’s own (about 10 minutes). For electric pressure cooker, disengage the “keep warm” mode or
unplug the cooker and count 10 minutes if the pressure indicator has gone down then release the rest of the
pressure with the valve.
Carefully lift out the pudding from the pressure cooker and sprinkle the top with raw sugar, and lastly with little
dots of butter. Slide under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the top has crisped and the sugar
has caramelized.
Serve, as Michael recommends with a drizzle of heavy cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Serves 4-6 (one 7 3/4″ or 20cm pudding or six ramekins)
I think I need to get a pressure cooker now.... Just for that recipe alone!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with a bowl of broken chocolate... Pondering chocolate syrup. Thoughts?
Chocolate chunk cookies?

Or

CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE

Printed from COOKS.COM

2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate pieces
4 beaten egg yolks
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. sugar

Butter the sides of a 2-quart soufflé dish or 5 small dishes. Sprinkle sides with a little sugar. Set aside.

In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add chocolate, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Gradually stir chocolate mixture into beaten egg yolks, set aside.

Beat egg whites and vanilla until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold about 1 cup beaten whites into chocolate mixture. Then fold chocolate mixture into remaining beaten whites. Transfer to prepared dish. Bake in a 350 degree oven 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve at once with whipped cream. Serves 6.

Back
Top Bottom