Any Home Bakers Here?

I made this zucchini & cheese cornbread last night to go with dinner, which was a ham baked in the Romertopf, and mashed potatoes w/ham gravy. The cornbread was a recipe I was trying for the first time, and we really liked it.

I'm planning to make some bean & ham soup in a few days with the leftover ham (I saved some drippings for the soup, and of course the ham bone)

IMG_5643.JPG

I made this zucchini & cheese cornbread last night to go with dinner, which was a ham baked in the Romertopf, and mashed potatoes w/ham gravy. The cornbread was a recipe I was trying for the first time, and we really liked it.

I'm planning to make some bean & ham soup in a few days with the leftover ham (I saved some drippings for the soup, and of course the ham bone)

View attachment 1250718
Nice cornbread!
I milled pop corn and made cornbread from it on Sunday. Last night I made white beans with a ham bone from a ham I baked. It was very good with the conrbread!

rjohns, looking for something chocolate....these are Bobby Flay's
Olive Oil Brownies...
2 tbsp unsalted butter cut into cubes
3 ounces unsweetned chocolate coarsly chopped
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate coarsley chopped
1/2 tsp expresso powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup evool plus 2 tlbs
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch fine sea salt
1/2 cup unbleached AP Flour
Glaze follows:
2 oz corsley chopped semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
2 tsp EVOO

Make the brownies. Put a rack in middle of the oven and preheat
325 spray an 8 inch square baking pan with nonstick spray. Line with foil leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Spray the foil.

in medium heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water combine the butter unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chocolate and espresso powder. Let the mixture melt over low heat, stirring
occasionaly. remove and let cool slightly

In medium bowl whisk the eggs and sugars together until smooth and pale. Add the olive oil, vanilla, and salt and whisk until combined. Fold in the flour and the chopped semisweet chocolate and mix until combined.

Scrape the batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until the sides are slightly pulled and set but the center istill a big gooey about 25 minutes. Underbaking the brownies is one of the secrets to that fugy texture. Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack about 2 hours, then refrigerate them for 30 minutes.

Make the Glaze. In medium heat proof bowl let set over a pan of simmering water, combine 1/4 of the chips, until smooth and the oil add the remaining chips remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Let stand for 5 minutes. Pour the glaze over the brownies.

Bobby was featured on the Dr. Oz show with this recipe...it looks
yummy. Aria

:

View attachment 1250718

Your dinner sounds good, and the cornbread looks terrific!

Made up a loaf of Easy Peasy French Bread...already looking forward to grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. This was from a recipe posted some time back on this thread:#2247 (I like to do an egg wash on the dough before baking.)

I've made this recipe several times, sometimes just as is and sometimes with seasonings mixed into the dough. It always comes out great and is so very simple to make.

100_0048.JPG

Made up a loaf of Easy Peasy French Bread...already looking forward to grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. This was from a recipe posted some time back on this thread:#2247 (I like to do an egg wash on the dough before baking.)

I've made this recipe several times, sometimes just as is and sometimes with seasonings mixed into the dough. It always comes out great and is so very simple to make.

View attachment 1250904
Looks great!

Back
Top Bottom