Any Home Bakers Here?

We're not really into deep-fried foods that much, but after last night, I would like to find a deep fryer at a thrift shop just for the few occasions when we need one. Decided to try a recipe for deep fried breaded chicken last night, but with no deep fryer, I had to put about 3/4 inch of oil in a fry pan, and since there's no temp. control on a fry pan, we had to attempt to keep my candy thermometer in the oil. It took a long time to fry about 4# of chicken nugget size pieces, in several batches. The potato wedges were done way ahead of the meat, so even though everything tasted good, dinner could have went much smoother if we just would have had a deep fryer! (when my son, who was holding the thermometer for me, got tired of getting spattered with hot oil, he rigged up a "helping hands", if anyone's familiar with those, to hold the thermometer in the oil. Plus the stove was also all spattered with oil - what a mess! It was such a funny scene. Hubs just laughed when he walked through the kitchen - lol).

We're not really into deep-fried foods that much, but after last night, I would like to find a deep fryer at a thrift shop just for the few occasions when we need one. Decided to try a recipe for deep fried breaded chicken last night, but with no deep fryer, I had to put about 3/4 inch of oil in a fry pan, and since there's no temp. control on a fry pan, we had to attempt to keep my candy thermometer in the oil. It took a long time to fry about 4# of chicken nugget size pieces, in several batches. The potato wedges were done way ahead of the meat, so even though everything tasted good, dinner could have went much smoother if we just would have had a deep fryer! (when my son, who was holding the thermometer for me, got tired of getting spattered with hot oil, he rigged up a "helping hands", if anyone's familiar with those, to hold the thermometer in the oil. Plus the stove was also all spattered with oil - what a mess! It was such a funny scene. Hubs just laughed when he walked through the kitchen - lol).
I got one at a garage sale brand new for $5. They sell for $25.99 at Walmart. I use mine about twice a month for steak cubes and tatertots or fish.

I got my cookies made and they are pretty yummy. I used twice as much almond bark as it called for.
F50678C6-8D1C-4968-BB8A-78493E11D373.jpeg
DFA85B7D-3F22-4499-8604-47B4C72D7078.jpeg
DB23CA18-4AB0-4F84-8A95-6D1405DDBC5B.jpeg

very nice looking cookies how often do any of us write in cursive my Ma my Grandma all had beautiful cursive my Aunts all did my looks like chicken scratch
Thanks Penny! That is not my hand writing or the ladies I got the recipe from. I commented on the writing also but she couldn’t remember where it came from. I had nice handwriting in school but now I write to get it done:DMy kids were taught cursive in school but neither do it.

I do, but no one (even me) can read it :)
I might have a shot at reading your cursive. Some of my relatives have such bad hand writing that I was often asked to decode letters and cards that were sent to us.

My cursive is terrible too!

I am trying to decide what to bake tonight. I want to bake a chocolate souffle since we had one that was not too good at a restaurant last weekend. But I also want to make chocolate bread pudding....

:weeI know! I will bake the chocolate souffle tonight and the chocolate bread pudding tomorrow! That will give the bread more time to go stale for the pudding!

Back
Top Bottom