Any Home Bakers Here?

I'm making a batch of pretzel rolls this morning. DH told me they are one of his favorite things that I make, so of course, I have to do it! It's always nice when someone appreciates the effort.
I have prune cake in the oven!

It smells great in here too

I just bought a little bag of dates - just to see if I like them. Mom used to make date bars that were pretty good.
Trying to eat healthier. I like the Mennonite store near here. Prices are really good and they have a great variety of baking supplies. I can get small bags of rye berries, different wheat berries and grains. I also picked up whole wheat fig newtons (generic variety) and a pack of raspberry ones also. I need to find healthier snacking than candy.

I just bought a little bag of dates - just to see if I like them. Mom used to make date bars that were pretty good.
Trying to eat healthier. I like the Mennonite store near here. Prices are really good and they have a great variety of baking supplies. I can get small bags of rye berries, different wheat berries and grains. I also picked up whole wheat fig newtons (generic variety) and a pack of raspberry ones also. I need to find healthier snacking than candy.
Most home baked desserts are much healthier as snacks. They have less salt, sugar and chemicals than store baked goods.

Good job on getting dates! I hope the date bars turn out great for you.

My mom used to make good date bars and one of my aunts used to make great date bread. But every time I buy dates, I end up just eating them plain :drool

Back
Top Bottom