Any Home Bakers Here?

I now realize I was supposed to make two loaves out of this dough, but I just have one large loaf. I guess I made this mistake because when I buy Seattle Sourdough, it comes in one big loaf like this one. Here's my question, does this effect the temperature and time for baking?
Like Bullchick said, time but not temperature. Add 10 minutes to the time and use a probe thermometer like the ones used for meat, after the time is up, if you have one. Bread is cooked at 195 to 205F. If not, Turn the bread over and thump it. It will sound hollow when cooked

Last edited:
The saga of my first sour dough bread continues. When I tried to move it from the bowl to a pan it collapsed. :(. So I wet my hands and formed it into 2 loaves and put them directly on the pan to hopefully rise again. :fl

Thanks everyone for the answers to the timing. The temperature info is invaluable.

Just like raising chickens, I'll keep trying to "raise" sourdough, till I get it right.:th

The saga of my first sour dough bread continues. When I tried to move it from the bowl to a pan it collapsed. :(. So I wet my hands and formed it into 2 loaves and put them directly on the pan to hopefully rise again. :fl

Thanks everyone for the answers to the timing. The temperature info is invaluable.

Just like raising chickens, I'll keep trying to "raise" sourdough, till I get it right.:th
Perhaps MOST of us had some experience...first time baking Sourdough Bread. You will succeed.

Sourdough is very forgiving! It will rise again and taste very good

STOP....please got get new ones. Yes, Please.
:oops: But I like burning myself. ;)
:lol: Yeah, I know. I will get out some non-coffee patterned (like Thanksgiving, Christmas or chickens) ones until I get some new ones.

It happens. Don’t be discouraged.

Back
Top Bottom