Any Home Bakers Here?

Oh, oh, I can use my metal handled soup pot instead of a dutch oven??? Whoopie!!!
I might still buy a cast iron dutch oven at some point.

Today's baking:
The Champlain Sourdough
Another loaf of KA Basic sourdough
Hamburger buns
Strawberry pancakes (those this doesn't really count as baking)

I might be over extending my baking self!
That’s what I did Bruce. I baked at 425 though so don’t have a big thick crust but I don’t like them too thick. It was crisp and nice though. 20 minutes with lid on, 20 minutes with lid off.

Looks like to me you have some of the most essential tools.

Sometimes what we have is better than some of the new fangled things (stuff).
Yes I agree! My house is small and I already have a shocking amount of kitchen equipment! I love it when I can make stuff multi task! Arias tip about the floured towels will make a huge difference next time! I’ve almost chucked that old cleaver many times, glad now I didn’t.

No baking here today, but a hearty slice of yesterday' bread with some strawberry jam sure made a wonderful breakfast. Then it was out to work in the veggie garden until it was too hot.
Dinner will be salads or leftovers, with bread of course.

Went from mid 50's to mid 80's within just a few days. Hoping we get back to some actual spring like weather because I'm not ready to run the AC yet.

@R2elk your apple muffins look very tasty and similar to mine. I use sucralose a lot in my own baking too and save regular sugar for stuff that I know is just for the kiddo and not me.

No baking here today, but a hearty slice of yesterday' bread with some strawberry jam sure made a wonderful breakfast. Then it was out to work in the veggie garden until it was too hot.
Dinner will be salads or leftovers, with bread of course.

Went from mid 50's to mid 80's within just a few days. Hoping we get back to some actual spring like weather because I'm not ready to run the AC yet.

@R2elk your apple muffins look very tasty and similar to mine. I use sucralose a lot in my own baking too and save regular sugar for stuff that I know is just for the kiddo and not me.

We're having similar weather here in WY...50's today and maybe 80 tomorrow. Hard to know what to wear, so I stick with layers.

Your dinner sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom