Any Home Bakers Here?

I made gf baked cinnamon doughnuts. The big critic, the 11-y-o, likes them. :th
IMG_4215.jpeg
I could flip them, but they are disappearing so fast, it’s pointless.

I baked them for 15 minutes, and skipped the coating. You can use doughnut or muffin pans.
Cinnamon gf doughnuts

120g self-raising gluten free flour
75g caster sugar
30ml vegetable oil
125ml milk
1 large egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Mix until the ingredients are combined, but don’t overdo it.
Grease pans, and bake 10-15 minutes at 350°

For the cinnamon sugar coating you will also need:
25g unsalted butter (melted)
4 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Hi everyone,

Not much baking today, I’ve been out fishing.

I have an interesting fishing story to tell. Yesterday, I was out fishing for sturgeon. Idaho Fish and Game stopped by to check my license. Being a good citizen, I gave them my license. Then, it turned out that there was a problem with my sturgeon rig. They said that “my leader was too strong.” They gave me a written warning.

I was very confused by this.

Today, while I was fixing my pole to make it comply with regulations, that same IDFG officer called me, and said that she was reviewing data, and she made a mistake. It wasn’t my leader that was the problem, it was the fact that I did not have a light line leading to the weight on the slider swivel.

For reference, when fishing for sturgeon in Idaho, you need to have a strong main line, with a strong leader, and a barrel swivel. You need to have a sliding swivel behind the barrel swivel, and that has to have a lighter lbs test line (lighter than the main line,) on it leading to a weight.

That was interesting. It’s not every day that they make a mistake.

I was able to remedy the problem on my rig, and it is compliant with regulations now.

Anyway, back on the baking subject. I’m in the mood to bake something, but I’m trying to figure out what to bake.

Do you have a brand name for this? If I can't find self rising GF flour, is this a no-go, or can I add baking powder or soda?
I added the stuff to the flour. It’s in the notes section, but here are a few common recipes we need in the kitchen.
Self rising flour

1 cup flour

1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

Powdered sugar

Put sugar in the blender. Don’t do more than about 1/4 the container or it will over heat the motor. It’s just too dry. Add a pinch of cornstarch as anti caking for long storage.

Baking powder

2 tsp cream of tartar

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cornstarch (optional as anti caking)

Brown sugar recipe

1 C white sugar

1 Tb molasses

Combine the sugar and molasses in a mixing bowl and then mix with a whisk beater attachment (a fork will work as well, it just might take a little longer) until it combines. Initially, it won't look like it's going to work, but it will. When it is light and fluffy, it is done. If there are a few little spots of molasses in the mix in the end, that is fine. Store in an airtight container.

I added the stuff to the flour. It’s in the notes section, but here are a few common recipes we need in the kitchen.
Self rising flour

1 cup flour

1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

Powdered sugar

Put sugar in the blender. Don’t do more than about 1/4 the container or it will over heat the motor. It’s just too dry. Add a pinch of cornstarch as anti caking for long storage.

Baking powder

2 tsp cream of tartar

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cornstarch (optional as anti caking)

Brown sugar recipe

1 C white sugar

1 Tb molasses

Combine the sugar and molasses in a mixing bowl and then mix with a whisk beater attachment (a fork will work as well, it just might take a little longer) until it combines. Initially, it won't look like it's going to work, but it will. When it is light and fluffy, it is done. If there are a few little spots of molasses in the mix in the end, that is fine. Store in an airtight container.
Thanks, @BullChick those are good things to know! Are they/ should they be in the index in the front of this thread?

Back
Top Bottom