Any Home Bakers Here?

@wyoDreamer - thanks for the chuckle!

Yeah, my animals DO eat very well. Come over sometime. If you think home grown/home made pickles, hg/hm applesauce, and fresh picked fruit is good eating, it will be easy to feed you in the summer!

This year, I haven't been able to do any canning or freezing cuz the animals are getting the fresh stuffs! Next year, I plan to grow a LOT more food stuffs!

I did go pick fresh basil, spicy & hot oregano, cayenne peppers, and pineapple sage for my pizza last night. Yummy delicious!

After canning some diced tomatoes a few days ago, the gauge on my pressure canner appears to be stuck at about 3 lbs. pressure. So I need to get a new gauge before I can do any more canning. Hope it's not going to be hard to find one. Supposedly, they sell them at hardware stores, so must try to find one ASAP!

After canning some diced tomatoes a few days ago, the gauge on my pressure canner appears to be stuck at about 3 lbs. pressure. So I need to get a new gauge before I can do any more canning. Hope it's not going to be hard to find one. Supposedly, they sell them at hardware stores, so must try to find one ASAP!
If the hardware store does not have one then Amazon prime would be a place to go.

Did you take it off and clean it up? There is a good chance that there is a gunk in there. Pressure cookers to that

Check with Ace hardware for a gauge.
fwiw -Also check with your local Agricultural extension office - sometimes they do free or low cost pressure gauge calibration/testing. It may be only certain times a year, but I think it's around $5.00 here in my county to do it.

A log splitter is on my wish list. :) I am dangerous with the axe....so dangerous to myself.

I'm still waiting to be treated to my birthday dinner....still waiting... I may just have to take myself out and indulge in a super rich, delicious dessert. :) Yums!

Edited to add - Or I may just need to make the time to prepare a delicious dinner followed by a decant dessert, like molten lava cake...

A log splitter is on my wish list. :) I am dangerous with the axe....so dangerous to myself.

I'm still waiting to be treated to my birthday dinner....still waiting... I may just have to take myself out and indulge in a super rich, delicious dessert. :) Yums!

Edited to add - Or I may just need to make the time to prepare a delicious dinner followed by a decant dessert, like molten lava cake...

His was the 4th Walmart online would not let us split the payment it was James and I paying for it so had to go in and pay for it :confused: better half is 71 so it is about time he is not using a splitting maul and a ax

Back
Top Bottom