Any Home Bakers Here?

Pardon my ignorance but how do you pasteurise eggs?

:goodpost:Thank you 😊

@BullChick Look above sunshine an actual answer instead of confusion :tongue
Oh my. I know this is months past, but I missed @Marie2020 question regarding pasteurizing. Sorry about that. Glad to see that @R2elk was able to answer.

I'm getting ready to make an uncooked dessert and couldn't remember what the census was about whether our own fresh eggs need to be pastuerized if using in a raw recipe. I searched and found I missed these replies.

Anyone else have any thoughts on whether it is needed -- to pasteurize one's own eggs when using in a recipe that doesn't get cooked?

Oh my. I know this is months past, but I missed @Marie2020 question regarding pasteurizing. Sorry about that. Glad to see that @R2elk was able to answer.

I'm getting ready to make an uncooked dessert and couldn't remember what the census was about whether our own fresh eggs need to be pastuerized if using in a raw recipe. I searched and found I missed these replies.

Anyone else have any thoughts on whether it is needed -- to pasteurize one's own eggs when using in a recipe that doesn't get cooked?
👋

Thanks for acknowledging my question and bringing me back into Bakers.

My circumstances at the moment is preventing me baking, but i really intend to ASAP

We have snow here. It was pretty deep yesterday but through the day it's melting away

20230308_095856.jpg

Bakers good morning one and all!

Summer has arrived with the temperature and humidity are making it unbearable outside.

Have a great day!
My son and daughter in law are flying out from Florida on Saturday. This will be a first for it to be colder here in AZ for them. You (and they) have had a warm "winter" while we've had an unusually cold one. Lately it's warmed up to 70s. Supposed to hit 80 in a few days (finally!).

Been baking in anticipation of their arrival...
- homemade granola bars
- sour cream cookies
- french silk pie (the recipe with the raw eggs)
- turtle pie

Back
Top Bottom