Babies have arrived! Pics! And now with video!

The duck run. We're going to make several improvements... the first one is going to be digging down about a foot or two under the pool and putting pea gravel under it, so I can just drain it into the gravel. We're going to do a modified French drain system. We'll be using the large kiddie pool that we had as the brooder, too.

I have also been ordered by one of my friends to put letters up on the side of the house pronouncing it the "Duck Haus", so the ducks know where they live.
lau.gif
I don't see windows in your new Duck Haus it's going to be one HOT box with out some air flow. I really do like it and the color too.

I don't see windows in your new Duck Haus it's going to be one HOT box with out some air flow. I really do like it and the color too.

There's actually a lot of airflow along the back and roofline, so much so that I was worried about drafts.It stays surprisingly cool in there when it's 85, so I think it'll be ok. Good catch, though.

0.jpg

The morning duck ruckus. I am so glad my neighbors love my ducks. This was actually a quiet morning.

The dogs get REALLY excited when I let the ducks out in the morning. They are not helpful at all. You can hear Pixel whining in the background because she's so excited she can't hold it in.

0.jpg

The morning duck ruckus. I am so glad my neighbors love my ducks. This was actually a quiet morning.

The dogs get REALLY excited when I let the ducks out in the morning. They are not helpful at all. You can hear Pixel whining in the background because she's so excited she can't hold it in.
That is very cute. Loved Pepper's excitement with her flapping her wings and kinda hopping a little bit. Neat video yet again, Kaessa!!

Thanks! I should have videoed them today when I changed their pool, they went nuts! It was hilarious.
Ur welcome. These ducks are smart. They know fresh water and go crazy for it. Obviously their eyes and brains can discern clean from dirty.

Ur welcome. These ducks are smart. They know fresh water and go crazy for it. Obviously their eyes and brains can discern clean from dirty.

Definitely! They love the mud, but oh boy that fresh water is awesome for taking a bath! Of course, they go right back to dabbling in the mud and getting filthy again when they're finished.

Back
Top Bottom