Babies have arrived! Pics! And now with video!

Duck house has been painted. It's a LOT more pink than I had expected, I'm hoping it dries more red. Pictures to follow later.

Also, my ducks love "free-ranging" in my backyard. Lots of weeds to eat.

It's not the straightest thing in the world, and it's definitely not the prettiest, but it's finished, and it holds ducks. The little house is going out with the trash on Monday. All I need to do is put the latch on the new house and I'm DONE.

Looks great to me! And I'm sure they love it and don't care what color it is. We've been building a new coop for the turkey and 2 chicks (and eventually the 10 new chicks that I just hatched). Tiggy gave the 3some the evil eye when I tried to put them in the duck pen. Lol

Kaesaa, have you heard any of your girls whistle? Opie whistles on occasion. After she whistles, I imitate her whistle and she whistles back! It is adorable. I've got to try to get it on video.

Looks great to me! And I'm sure they love it and don't care what color it is. We've been building a new coop for the turkey and 2 chicks (and eventually the 10 new chicks that I just hatched). Tiggy gave the 3some the evil eye when I tried to put them in the duck pen. Lol

Kaesaa, have you heard any of your girls whistle? Opie whistles on occasion. After she whistles, I imitate her whistle and she whistles back! It is adorable. I've got to try to get it on video.

I haven't! I used to whistle at them when they were still peeping, but now I just quack at them. I'd love to see a video!

I haven't! I used to whistle at them when they were still peeping, but now I just quack at them. I'd love to see a video!

I tried this evening but she wouldn't do it while I was recording. But I got her to do it later when i wasn't recording. I think its when I walk across the yard after she hasn't seen me for a while. I'll get it sometime. Its so cute.

The duck run. We're going to make several improvements... the first one is going to be digging down about a foot or two under the pool and putting pea gravel under it, so I can just drain it into the gravel. We're going to do a modified French drain system. We'll be using the large kiddie pool that we had as the brooder, too.

I have also been ordered by one of my friends to put letters up on the side of the house pronouncing it the "Duck Haus", so the ducks know where they live.
lau.gif

It's not the straightest thing in the world, and it's definitely not the prettiest, but it's finished, and it holds ducks. The little house is going out with the trash on Monday. All I need to do is put the latch on the new house and I'm DONE.

I disagree, it's beautiful Kaessa. i love the color. So cool.

Opie whistles? That just makes her so much more endearing.

Harley is definitely my prettiest duck. I really love the markings on Welsh Harlequin. Also, she is definitely a silver, she's getting blue feathers on her wings.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom