Babies have arrived! Pics! And now with video!

Aww, that cayuga really is a bully! But I agree, those are the cutest dinosaurs I ever saw. <3 Have you settled on names yet?

I'm really, really hoping...I've got a vet appointment next week to gene test the babies for gender and potential diseases, and if they get the all-clear both she and Wobbles are gonna get microchipped!
whaaaaaa? MICROCHIP??? A duck? I am new to all of this, and, well first impressions...IDK if that is Crazy, cool or crazy coool!
I never thought to have a duck scanned!
I live in an area where I end up with A LOT of stray dogs, a few cats & others. In 17 years & too many to count I have returned every dog to its home (so far) 100% but I never thought to have a duck scanned for a chip to return it to ITS momma.
I can tell you I will think about it now. Thanks! IDK how common chipping ducks is, but in the future it is worth a shot.

Yup! They've been chipping parrots for about 10 years now, and they began chipping other birds about two years ago. I'm in the process of making Wobs a bandana that reads "I have a microchip, please scan me!" just in case the unthinkable happens and he gets out!

I doubt it's common in most areas; heck, I doubt most vets have even considered it. But I wanna make sure my house duck is as safe as he can be. <3

Last edited:
0.jpg

Momentarily clean brooder. They have settled in nicely. I'm getting really attached to them already!

What are YOU lookin' at?

I think I'll just take a nap right here.

OOOH SHINY

My little dinosaur baby.
They are so precious... you can just about sit and watch them grow.
love.gif

AAAGH those itty bitty wings are so flipping cute.

Oh. They love peas. I smushed some up and fed them out of my hand, and they went nuts for them. The Cayuga is a badass little duck. She was biting the hell out of my hand because I wasn't giving them to her fast enough. I need to break her of that before she gets bigger, because she's giving it all she's got. Which isn't anything but cute at this stage, but I would imagine it would hurt like hell if she were bigger.

Is biting a Cayuga thing? Mine is also the biggest nipper. Heaven forbid I get my wedding ring within a mile of that duck. The others will nibble, especially when hungry but that duck thinks everything must be christened by a chomp.

Aww, that cayuga really is a bully! But I agree, those are the cutest dinosaurs I ever saw. <3 Have you settled on names yet?

Nope, no names yet, but my friend has already named the Welsh Harlequin "Derpy". Because she kind of is. Going to try to come up with something else before that sticks. LOL

Wow, these little girls are keeping me busy!

Verdict: Peas and kale are awesome and worth fighting over. The giant hand is perfectly acceptable as long as it is holding peas and/or kale. If the giant hand does not produce these quickly enough, it gets bitten with disapproval.

I could watch them all day.

Nope, no names yet, but my friend has already named the Welsh Harlequin "Derpy". Because she kind of is. Going to try to come up with something else before that sticks. LOL

Derpy, LOL! Any hair-chewing yet, or have they not graduated to that step yet? :p

Back
Top Bottom