Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Opinions please....i have this 6 wk old chick that was supposed to be a BLRW...daddy is and i thought momma is...but some told me it looks to be a GLW....now...i have a GLW and the egg couldve been mixed up....but the red is already redder than the gold on my GLW...i realize this would be a black version not the blue...but what do yall think?

Opinions please....i have this 6 wk old chick that was supposed to be a BLRW...daddy is and i thought momma is...but some told me it looks to be a GLW....now...i have a GLW and the egg couldve been mixed up....but the red is already redder than the gold on my GLW...i realize this would be a black version not the blue...but what do yall think?

I have a chick from blrw roo over a gold glw hen. Looks just like yours.

Rescued this 5 week old from getting its head pecked. Is it leaning toward Roo or pullet? I'm hoping it's a pullet since it's going to be in its own private chicken condo until it's better.

hey all! i was really active on this thread when my chickens were little adorable fluffs. Fast forward to almost a year and a half later, and I now have a BLRW sitting on a bakers dozen (seems luckier to say it that way rather than 13....) Due to hatch on the 24th, this saturday. This is my first hatch, ever. so i'm hoping for good results.

this is momma. this is actually her first time going broody. the weather was right, so i let her sit. i stashed 13 under her, a few hers, mostly others. I have a mixed flock, so i should have a few pure breds, and the rest mixed.

and this is daddy. yeah, i wish his hackle and saddle feathers weren't so brassy, but he is my special stud, and i wruv him. he is HUGE though. i should weigh him, he is probably over 10 lbs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom