BYC Café

We had the windows open last night. I woke up this morning to mid-50's and Hubby stole all the covers; am still trying to get the knots worked out of my back muscles.
rant.gif

I'll be more cheery when the coffee kicks in.
idunno.gif

Did he beat you up to get the covers?
It was a bit too chilly for open windows here last night. Spent the last several days way down south trying not to wilt and then got home yesterday and there was a frost warning, now I'm trying not to freeze.

Good morning everyone. I'll start the coffee
Do you mind if I just stand over by the pot and enjoy the aroma? Maybe I can get some caffeine that way?

Morning guys! I'll take some of that coffee please, but already have enough rain, thank ya.
I timed my trip just right - it rained here at home the whole time we were gone but that stopped yesterday and is supposed to rain pretty much the whole next week where we just left.

The grass is getting green and I have one aspen tree that is thinking about getting some leaves.  The plains are all Springy and green for sure. 
I was a horse trainer, trail ride business owner, mostly stay-at-home-Mom for 25 years now and sheep wrangler in training! 

not to mention ovine midwife, if only the patients would cooperate!
I thought of you this week while I was on my trip - the first day I met a young lady who was headed out the next day to fly to Colorado where she will spend the next 4 months working on a dude ranch.  From the pictures she has posted it looks like she's a bit more in the deserty part of the state vs. the mountains.

We frequently get red flag warnings posted during the Spring; there have been some pretty spectacular wildfires in this area at this time of year. During the first five years of our living in this house, there were 6 fires either on or near this property, so I get a little nervous any time I smell smoke in the Spring. I feel for anyone being menaced by brush fires - even if the fire isn't a direct threat, just living with the smoke and ash can be nasty.

Growing up where I did wildfire season was a mixed bag - it was scary when they'd start/move close to the valley, but at the same time a lot of the local economy thrived on the influx of crews, several folks (DD's bio-dad included) worked summer fire crew, etc.  It's weird to think how much a part of "normal life" fires became.

it's like a free form tattoo?

you are certainly cutting edge, hip!

:lau

Good morning Cafe'.

Found out last night that the only thing worse than looking down and seeing s 5 inch centipede next to your foot is looking back down and not being able to find it.

So there is a monster loose in my house I need to find today. Ugh.

:eek: -- and I thought it was bad when I had that same experience the other day with a big spider......was getting out of the shower, saw it across the floor - grabbed a towel so I could dry off enough not to fall on my butt chasing after it and looked back to see no spider......pretty sure it might be reasonable to just burn the house down :confused:

Take care and don't anybody do food delivery's anymore?
Lovesyamuch:hugs
Scott

The "joy" of living in certain areas.....though one would think that even if not official delivery surely one could count on a good friend to bring needed supplies, and ice cream is definitely an necessity of life in my opinion.

I agree. Either that kitten climbed 6 feet of tin door siding or my daughter sprouted wings and flew....I have not decided which is more plausible....

Is there a mama cat involved here or are you hand rearing?  Only asking as that looks like the sort of place a mama cat might see as a great place to hide her kitten from the kiddos well intended attention given how little it looks to be.

What's wrong with those girls? are you sure they aren't just fat?

:gig

I did consider the mama cat, and she has now moved them twice (once into the dumpster, that was a fun adventure getting them out). If she did she apparently forgot how she got up there. It was literally all day with me periodically going to look for the kitten (it is an attached garage and I could hear the kitten crying) I kept hoping Mama cat would go get him but, though she was agitated, she never did.

I can hear it starting out there now, looks like we will get a few hours of rain today, but not as heavy as originally expected. I'm glad its not as cold as it was yesterday morning!

By the looks of the image I just saw on tv, looks like the whole country is likely to get some today, or within the next couple days.

Back
Top Bottom